The UK Interior Design and Trade Sales Executive role will support the Omni Channel Sales team by driving sales across Retail and Trade channels. This includes building our network of interior design contacts, through excellent communication and relationship skills as well as conducting 1:1 design consultations with retail clients. This role will strive to achieve targets for the UK territory while upholding brand standards in the showroom.
Reporting To: UK Omni Sales Manager
Based In: London Showroom, Shoreditch
Working Pattern: Weekly rota including Saturday
*The stated salary range, experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills and passion for the brand can be demonstrated.
- Deliver and exceed UK Sales and Appointment Targets – including Trade and Retail channels
- Develop a roadmap for achieving sales with clear targets by account and customer type, working with both Retail and Trade customers
- Competent and confident in arranging and coordinating print and room design layouts
- Engage with customers in the Showroom, giving them an exceptional experience
- Establish and maintain relationships with architects, builders, developers, designers, and other purchasing influences in the commercial market industry
- Maintain regular communication with customers and set appointments to present product collections.
- Hold customer consultations to support project quotes, including in the showroom, at designer offices, at customer homes and via video calls
- Confidently conduct meetings and appointments with existing and new customers to present key categories as well as seasonal collection launches, travelling to accounts when necessary
- Manage forward pipeline to ensure all potential sales are converted, customers are kept engaged and sales leads are maximised
- Conduct events with interior designers in Shoreditch Showroom to promote the brand.
· Become a product expert and display best practices when selling the collection
- Research and prospect new accounts that are on brand and will drive commercial growth
- Manage business remotely and report consistently when travelling.
- Ensure all deliveries to customers are accurate and within specification
- Run daily/weekly/monthly/annual reports in Bright Pearl to track sales progress in territory
- Adhere to company procedures including Bright Pearl management, delivery SLAs, etc.
- Display leadership qualities and effective communication to the Omini Sales assistant with daily and weekly tasks, working collaboratively to coach and mentor this role.
- Adhere to timelines – submit projects and feedback on time
- Attend product knowledge training sessions as organised by Production Team and maintain a full understanding of all product categories.
- Display a positive attitude and promote teamwork by helping internal colleagues as and when necessary
- Operate and look as a brand ambassador in line with the brand guidelines and wear House of Hackney uniform at all times.
- Conduct business in the House of Hackney way at all times
THE CANDIDATE - IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE*:
- Excellent level of spoken and written English – other languages are beneficial
- Background in interior design and knowledge of putting together interiors schemes
- Must be highly organised
- Exceptional people skills
- Experience within the Luxury market is required, ideally in Interiors or Fashion
- Experience working with leading retailers and interior designers across the world
- Hardworking and honest outlook
- Contribute and work effectively within a team
- Able to adhere to the values and mission of the company
- Effective communication skills
- Positive and infectious attitude. Provide and foster a positive and productive working environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Competence in Microsoft Office and Google Suite products and ability to adapt to technology-based ways of working
- Degree calibre
As always, there are some perks:
- 22 Days Holiday Allowance + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday
- Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme
- PayDay Drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible.
- Our water is filtered because plastic bottles are banned from the office, plenty of herbal teas, coffee, fruit & cereals are available weekly for that morning snack.
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there's very little we can't conquer together.
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items
Our House is a home for everyone. As a culture led business, we aim to be an inspiring and meaningful place for people to work, and as an equal opportunities employer, we foster an environment in which everyone can learn, grow and be heard - regardless of age or seniority.
We strive for and believe in a fully inclusive, diverse, supportive and accepting workplace.. We care about people’s physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Our Housemates are open-minded people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences who share our values and culture.