A Director of Public Relations acts as an integral ambassador for KCD and its clients. Directors should represent the agency with strong leadership and communications skills while inspiring both internal and external teams. Candidates should have exceptional management, interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the capability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and accounts. They should have the appropriate style and taste with an understanding that they represent the global agency as a whole.
- Provide support for departmental Vice Presidents and Partners with proactive status updates on a regular basis
- Serve as an agency ambassador and lead a collaborative team of both internal and external resources
- Act as an agency liaison to develop and maintain relationships with stylists, editors and industry leaders
- Provide a consistent, professional and diligent client experience while managing client expectations
- Uphold a keen understanding of the client’s image, ideals and goals
- Develop, lead and manage clients through seasonal strategy, product and special project pitches
- Develop and execute feature stories (for both long-lead and short-lead outets), product placements, editorial reporting and analysis
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for client PR campaigns and develop strong angles for pitches and press releases
- Introduce and pitch both traditional and non-traditional media approaches
- Understand and identify appropriate strategic partnership opportunities for clients
- Manage celebrity/VIP dressing and placements
- Manage client events while seamlessly collaborating with their in-house teams
- Manage fashion shows and industry related events
- Manage fashion show seating, invites and front and back of house
- Firmly manage a team of Publicists and Senior Publicists on client accounts and delegate tasks
- Maintain a diverse network of contacts amongst key persons in the media
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Time management skills and ability to multitask – this role requires managing many different areas for several clients simultaneously; candidate should not get stressed under pressure
- Keen understanding and relevance in industry related matters – this role requires servicing a variety of fashion brands from emerging designers to industry leaders
- Combination of creative and strategic thinking with the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side
- Ability to work with clients, understand their needs, and pitch proposals
- Ability to work in a team environment and actively promote and engage both colleagues and clients in open communication
- Ability to approach challenges head-on with aptitude to make confident decisions and execute on them
- 6+ years of experience working either in house or with an agency in a public relations capacity
- Worldwide travel required
- This position is located in person at our London office
KCD is a global leader in brand experience with offices in New York, Paris, Los Angeles and London. For more than 40 years, the agency has developed and applied its unparalleled fashion expertise while also servicing culture-driven industries across popular, luxury and community pillars.
KCD’s teams work with brands that span emerging to established, amplifying new buzz and maintaining legacy power alike. With customized creative strategies, comprehensive public relations campaigns and world-class event solutions, KCD’s precision-focused execution makes an impact across today’s most relevant channels.
Always at the frontier of innovation, KCD is dedicated to a continuum of experience: Catalyzing it, creating it, and ensuring that it lasts.