Jonathan Simkhai is looking for a talented Graphic Designer. This role is responsible for creating assets for email newsletters, e-commerce platform and Instagram marketing, assisting on email design, and creation of additional brand/marketing assets as needed. The role is also responsible for image asset management, using your creative expertise to ensure on-brand continuity across all digital imagery and video components, and executing post-production workflows. This role will report into the Digital Art Director and will work collaboratively with the digital and sales teams.
We are looking for a graphic designer who has a strong sense of layout, typography and composition but also has experience working with images, has an understanding of photography and post-production, and feels very comfortable with retouching, light matching, color grading and color correcting. We are excited to bring on someone who is a true creative, is excited about the fashion industry, and brings an artistic eye with an extreme attention to detail to the team.
- Create email design layouts and provide assets for scheduling
- Assist design and create assets from homepage design for uploading
- Create invitations and branded materials as needed
- Concept and create assets for Instagram stories, IGTV and Reels
- Create digital marketing assets for paid media
- Provide retouching notes for e-commerce and product photoshoots
- Manage retouching schedule, deadlines and correspondence
- Color correct and retouch garments as needed, both on-model and product images
- Assist in photo selects process
- Assist in reviewing and resizing images
- Ensure on-brand continuity with garments, lighting, and color consistency across the e-commerce and digital platforms
- Support photoshoot production as needed
- 3-5+ years of experience in graphic design and experience as a photo retoucher and color corrector
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Adobe Creative Suite mastery essential - Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom
- Direct Marketing background in designing for Email, Social, Web, Display, and Print
- Must have experience in Fashion industry and knowledge of studio photography
- Keen eye for detail and solid grasp of color theory
- Strong typography and composition design skills
- Experience conveying ideas and concepts through storyboarding
- Strong attention to detail and effective communicator
- Highly organized with strong multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to have a detail-oriented dialogue about the properties of a given image
- Experience with consumer product and E-commerce photography and retouching is a plus
- Experience with Shopify and NuOrder platforms is a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and PTO. Additionally, we offer a generous clothing allowance and 50% employee discount off retail.
Established in 2010, the Jonathan Simkhai brand provides luxury ready-to-wear for the modern woman. The core aesthetic philosophy plays with the tension of feminine strength and sensuality; this is reflected in the employment of customized fabrics, romantic detailing, linear lines, and contoured silhouettes. Through designs that seek to embolden women with confidence and ease, the brand represents modern versatility. As a 2015 winner of the prestigious CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, Jonathan Simkhai continues to redefine the 21st century wardrobe and reinvigorate American fashion.