Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalonis an award-winning, forward-thinking British childrenswear destination with family at its heart.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. Everything we do is inspired by our core values of family, creativity, innovation and heritage, still with a commitment to exceptional personal service and dressing children beautifully.
We are recruiting for a Merchandiser to join our Own Brand team to support sales growth and brand building.
Reporting to a Senior Merchandiser, you will be expected to undertake complex trading and planning across all markets & brands, applying knowledge of company and department strategy to maximise profit.
- Develop strong merchandising strategy to optimise growth and maximise sale opportunities
- Negotiate terms with suppliers to maximise margin and minimise costs
- Support sustainable growth by forecasting, planning and monitoring sales and stock levels
- Analyse and report product/brand sales while tracking key market trends to identify new opportunities and suggest changes when needed
- Work with the Product Development and Design teams to deliver a competitive and profitable range
- Regular review of department performance with head of and director to maximise current commercial opportunities and to identify key learns to optimise profit across key markets
- Develop and manage the team to support business growth
- Manage supply base, building strong relationships with external partners to achieve on-time deliveries
- Present sales information in an informative and engaging way to various stakeholders across the business
- Liaise across the business functions to ensure the Own Brand objectives are supported by other stakeholders
- Merchandising background with proven problem-solving skills
- Strong commercial eye and a confident decision maker
- Highly analytical and numerate
- Previous experience of managing own brands or product areas with autonomy
- Knowledge of planning and production critical path
- Ability to work with stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task, with experience working in a fast paced environment
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage and develop a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Strong interest and passion for childrenswear
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.