Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to internal progression we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Junior Garment Technologist to join our Own Brand team.
Reporting to the Senior Garment Technologist, you will be working in collaboration with the Product and Design teams through all stages of product development, from design briefs to manufacture. Within the role you will carry out a range of technical, investigative, and quality control measures to ensure the end-product performs to specification. Childrenswear experience is preferred.
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
- Supporting the Technical team in developing multi-product collections, in line with critical path timelines, delivery schedules, brand values and strategic direction.
- Liaising with the Design team in producing highly detailed technical garment design packs: responsible for ensuring these are managed, maintained and available for all internal and external stakeholders from creation to product delivery.
- Ensuring design briefs adhere to production methods, are risk assessed and can be produced both technically and within budget.
- A comprehensive understanding of Global and British safety standards and regulations, enabling risks assessment of all products.
- Implementing and overseeing fabric, trim, and product testing requirements.
- Measuring and fitting all samples during the development process in collaboration with the Design and Product Development teams.
- Undertaking, recording, and updating accurate and comprehensive fit comments and sample feedback, liaising effectively, and providing technical instructions to suppliers, pattern cutters and production teams.
- Completing quality evaluations of materials, printed textiles and trims during the development process and inspecting the quality of the final product upon delivery.
- Responding effectively to internal and external customer product queries.
- Relevant experience as an established Assistant or Junior Garment Technologist, preferably with 3+ years background within Childrenswear Retail or Supply.
- Comprehensive understanding of manufacturing and textiles, with a keen interest in Children’s fashion, with experience gained working across multiple product types.
- Technical knowledge of garment fitting, grading and construction, with global manufacturing awareness of fabric & garment production techniques and processes.
- Flexible approach to be able to adapt to the constantly changing needs of the business and the industry, with preferable awareness and experience which aligns to our luxury brands and relative consumer needs.
- Confident and clear communication skills, both written and verbal, to work effectively and collaboratively alongside internal and external stakeholders within a fast-paced, team focused environment.
- Ability to convey technical information efficiently and effectively in understandable and industry standard terms and communication methods.
- Knowledge of fabric, lab testing and assessment of results would be beneficial.
- Well organised, detail orientated and possessing excellent time management skills reflecting commercial prioritisation and delivering deadline adherence.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-motivation, with the enthusiasm to develop and grow, whilst adapting positively to complex challenges and proactively to change.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems would be highly beneficial.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.