Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview:
The Sr. Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) integrates and delivers a broad range of solutions and services to ensure workforce strategy objectives have a measurable, positive impact on the success of a business unit(s). In this role, you will collaborate closely with senior leaders and their teams to understand the impact of cultural, operational, and financial factors on the business unit, and leverage these insights to develop an effective, business-aligned workforce strategy. Our ideal candidate has strong business acumen and consulting skills, an ability to balance analytics and intuition in decision-making, and a passion for growing talent within an organization. Essential Functions:
- Translate knowledge of the business unit and its strategic objectives into a workforce strategy, ensuring employees with the right capabilities are in the right place at the right cost
- Identify talent needs, risks, and gaps. Leverage Talent Review/Succession Planning processes and systems to identify, align, and develop capabilities to achieve business results
- Play key leadership role in diagnosis and assessment of leadership development needs; partner with leaders in the identification and nomination of high-potential talent within the business unit
- Translate business unit strategy and create long-term business-specific HR strategies to drive the successful completion of business unit goals
- Drive end-to-end HR process, leveraging functional specialty areas to ensure resources are in place to deliver against HR and business unit plans
- Maintain a pulse on employee engagement through regular interaction and integration into the daily operations of their business unit, providing thought leadership to help drive retention
- Identify and assess need for highly complex or cross-functional change management initiatives; consult on organizational impact of process improvement initiatives
- Oversee governance of change management initiatives, including monitoring and maintaining progress against metrics and milestones, ensure change is embedded in the culture long-term, and provide ongoing coaching and support
- Strategic Thinking: Understanding of business issues and opportunities and ability to translate them into a vision, strategy, and action plan.
- Solution Orientation : Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and use judgment to make sound decisions.
- Collaboration & Strong Relationship Orientation: Ability to build partnerships with key business stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage smarter decision-making across our organization. Collaboration skills are critical.
- Change Management: Ability to align the organization's people and culture with changes in business strategy, organizational structure, technology, and business processes. Act as a change agent to implement and manage significant change initiatives that have a material to the organization.
- Business Acumen: Awareness of the organization's vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, and values. Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this appropriately to diverse situations.
- Functional Proficiency: Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the enterprise.
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
5+ years direct experience
- This role requires the position to be located in California.
- Prior experience leading, developing and coaching colleagues of various levels
- Ability to lead cross-functionally and build influence across hierarchy levels on high impact, high-visibility corporate strategies
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical skills, drawing actionable insights and recommendations, and building strategies against the analysis
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, storytelling and PowerPoint/presentation skills for diverse audiences
- Strategic, creative, innovative thinker able to apply structure and analytical rigor to complex problems and associated decision-making
- Ability to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize tasks, and effectively communicate timelines
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and BlueMercury - is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment