STAUD Clothing, located in Los Angeles, CA, is one of today's hottest up and coming fashion brands and currently has an opening for a temporary Product Development Associate position.
STAUD is a ready to wear line offering chic essentials and stand-alone pieces designed and created in downtown LA. STAUD was founded in downtown Los Angeles in 2015 by Sarah Staudinger and George Augusto on a commitment to producing accessible, yet innovative pieces for the contemporary woman.
Our collections are created for those that want beautiful accessibly priced clothes and ready to wear collections that forgo trend for timelessness.
The goal? No nonsense, high style. We want to create a line of modern classics, refined pieces that reflect both an eye toward the future and a nostalgia for old school elegance. Clean, feminine lines, flattering cuts and only the finest materials - our intent is to design sophisticated, attainable clothing and accessories, without ever sacrificing quality or creativity. Instead, each piece is meant to elevate and enhance, pairing perfectly with everything from a pair of sneakers to a treasured dress shoe.
Working closely with a collective of manufacturers, STAUD continues to defy expectation – pushing the boundaries of the bland, to produce designs that are stunning but simple, unique but uncomplicated - and as well priced, as they are well made.
The Product Development Associate supports the Product Development Managers in leading the product creation process from inception to production, ensuring all milestones are met and all cross-functional partners follow the development calendar.
- Responsible for the coordination of samples including ordering, receiving, organizing, distributing, and tracking
- Manage all sample requests with sense of urgency and attention to target due dates
- Act as a liaison between vendors and cross-functional departments on the status of samples
- Proactively communicate on an ongoing basis with team, supervisors, and cross functional teams to ensure deliverables and decisions are met
- Manage internal tracking system for real time status of samples, from order to delivery
- Attend and participate in meetings with cross functional departments: design, tech, creative, sales
- Build and maintain relationship with suppliers
- Assist in sourcing
Prerequisite Knowledge, Skills, and Education
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Product Development
- Microsoft Office skills a must
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented, deadline driven, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Must have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Standing and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds in a safe and prudent manner.
- Ability to easily move throughout an office with ease.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to effectively interact with others internally and externally.
- Ability to utilize office equipment in a safe and prudent manner, including a copy machine, fax machine, computer, telephone, and other general office equipment that may be used regularly.
- Ability to work with many different personalities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to work on-site, full-time.
Job Type: Temporary, Non-Exempt
COVID-19 Considerations: All in-office employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon employment.