Tiffany & Co. is seeking a dynamic and experienced analyst, with an entrepreneurial spirit and self-starting approach, strong analytical skills and passion for jewelry to join our Jewelry Collections Category Management team. In 360-partnership with Merchandising cross-functional teams you will develop and execute the product portfolio strategies and support sales. Primary functions include supporting strategy development and presentation of the product category, providing input and executing new product development and analyzing pricing to maximize profitability. In addition, you will conduct sales analyses and regularly keep abreast of industry trends to make recommendations for opportunities. New Product
- Owns the creation and maintenance of product plans throughout various stages of development, ensuring accuracy of item detail.
- Ensure critical SKU level details within category architectures are systematically maintained and project milestones are met on a timely basis.
- Initiate new product development; research product offerings to ensure the product strategy remains robust and competitive.
- Analyze classification, price point and sales trends to inform decisions on new product
Lifecycle Management & Assortment Analysis
- Aid with execution and implementation of margin reviews and pricing structure strategies to ensure margin requirements are met for the formal price change process.
- Conduct analysis and gather comparable product information to inform retail, cost and margin targets as well as final retails for new products.
- Model pricing scenarios for optimization, validating pricing based on sales volume and margin drivers to inform decisions.
- Conduct competitive market research on a regular basis.
- Aid with execution and implementation of formal Lifecycle Planning reviews to achieve style count and productivity targets
- Develop reports and presentations, such as collection trend reports and style-outs, that communicate a high-level view of new product introductions and current assortment for meetings and conferences.
- Conduct key initiative information gathering and research as it pertains to the current assortment.
- Maintain and distribute architectures, image grids, weekly/monthly sales dashboards and competitive landscape reporting per the merchandising schedule and as needed.
- Create, maintain, and distribute weekly, monthly and other reporting for Category Management teams.
- Communicate with internal cross functional teams to address and support key initiatives, category assortments, discontinuations, re-classes, pricing, new product plans and new launch strategy materials.
- Coordinate, manage, and maintain security of samples/stock according to inventory control process requirements
- Prepare product category reviews and conference meeting materials as well as assist with other administrative tasks and projects as needed to respond to business needs.
- Respond to branch inquiries and offer appropriate suggestions in a timely manner.
- College Degree
- 2-3 years of prior work experience of similar or relevant experience
- Ability to prioritize and work in a highly dynamic, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage and uphold departmental standards and business direction
- Strong project management skills; ability to be flexible, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to learn new software/systems and adopt new processes
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Overall knowledge of the retail industry/luxury jewelry
- Prior Category Management and reporting experience
- Basic Gemstone knowledge; Graduate Gemologist a plus