Accountant (6-month Maternity Cover)
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
- Support the projects roll-out across Asia
- Oversee the user acceptance testing processes in development stages
- Study failure cases, analyze on root cases and resolve with the project team.
- Driving internal process efficiency and ensure financial policies, procedures and processes are properly adhered to
- Assist with any ad-hoc assignments, handle and follow up any system issues / queries and to work with SAP Support team for resolution
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance.
- CPA qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years' working experience in sizeable multinationals preferably in luxury retail industry
- SAP experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable, intercompany, procurement, fixed assets and general ledger is a MUST
- Coordinate the Bank and Treasury administration within Asia Pacific especially China.
- Experiences in project management and tools implementation in ERP
- Solid problem solving skills; and the ability to analyze complex data, investigate and identify core issues and root causes, and evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions / solutions
- Strong business acumen with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, sense of internal control compliance
- Well-organized, mature, dedicated, self-starter, customer service oriented and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Computer literate with excellent in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Hong Kong S.A.R || Not Applicable || Hong Kong S.A.R || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert