About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you will work in a energized and fast-paced environment focused on delivering an excellent customer experience to our HQ employees and visitors in our Cafes and on-site events. Your goal is to produce and prepare high quality food, provide timely delivery and maintain a clean environment for our employees and visitors.What You'll Do
Position requires all around kitchen skills with emphasis on organization and professionalism. Must meet daily production timelines in preparing food and finishing dish duties in a timely fashion. Must be able to follow recipes and directives from chef and sous chefs. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized workstation. Always demonstrates excellent customer service. Professional appearance, able to follow proper sanitation procedures. What You'll Do:
- Provide excellent customer service by demonstrating energetic, and positive attitude with customer interactions
- Assisting customers with requests and questions
- Communicating customer's needs and feedback to management
- Recognize and respond appropriately to customer's requests
Who You Are
- Maintain, clean and organize dish room
- Follow weekly and monthly cleaning schedule
- Report any maintenance issues to management
- Complete special projects and duties as assigned
- Assist with food preparation activities
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen equipment
- Follows safety and sanitation procedures and is in compliance with all OSHA, Department of Public Health and Risk Management guidelines
- Fill out daily dishwasher log in compliance with the SF health Department
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer-service relationships
- Strong technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a kitchen, knowledge of knife skills and basic kitchen equipment
- Thorough knowledge of sanitizing and chemical uses
- Familiar with a dish machine and 3 sink compartments
- Professional and mature attitude
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Hourly Range: $17.36 - $21.70 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.