This is an exciting new position within Birger Christensen Collective, to support the amazing growth journey of our international Fashion House and its brands. Our new Director will supervise the work of all our Sourcing & Production teams, and actively define the strategy that will support our growth and sustainability ambitions and the scaling up of our Operations, under the direct management of our Chief Sustainability Officer. With an objective of 100% Preferred materials by 2025 and a strong commitment to Better buying principles, we are looking for an experienced team leader with the ambition to change fashion for good, and experience in working in fast-paced international companies. This is a full-time position to be operated from our HQ in central Copenhagen.
- Set BCC´s sourcing & buying strategy with the executive team, through clear KPIs and performance analysis
- Participate in the scaling-up and optimization of our company´s sourcing and production, in accordance with our growth & sustainability ambition
- Develop, secure and reinforce our supplier´s network in all categories, and ensure they meet our quality, delivery and margin expectations.
- Travel to source new suppliers, reinforce the relationship and assess the alignment with our sustainability agenda.
- Enforce a strong due diligence and mapping process
- Lead our Sustainability initiatives in regard with Circular design, Preferred materials and certifications, Production optimization and compliance, as well as Better buying principles
- Manage a talented team and support their development
- Ensure positive collaboration with other team leaders in respect with our strategy and collection calendars, but also with our values and international culture
- Bring your vision and experience to define clear objectives and find solutions to everyday challenge
- 10+ years of experience in sourcing/production management in the fashion industry
- Strong experience with overseas fully factored manufacturing and a reliable network of (certified) suppliers
- Structured mind with experience in building processes & procedures, problem-solving and managing workflows between conflicting agendas
- Strong culture and experience in sustainability project management applied to Sourcing & Production
- Proven ability to lead an international team with clear objectives, ambition and purpose, and to develop talents Business acumen & robust analytical
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and show capacity to innovate & pivot
- Energetic and positive leader with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in Delogue and Business Central is a plus
- Salary package based on qualifications
- The ambition and opportunities of an international Fashion House in rapid growth
- A great work culture, with amazing international colleagues, sharing strong values
- Meaningful responsibilities and the possibility to grow with us
About Birger Christensen Collective
Created in 1869, Birger Christensen collective has been a symbol of excellence in Denmark and internationally, with a unique capacity to embrace the change and align with customers´ needs.
Our new path started in 2018 when CEO Denise Christensen identified a gap in the market for a 1 category brand, affordable prices and partnership-based startups.
Now, our Collective is the house of 2 internationally distributed womenswear brands: ROTATE and REMAIN.
- ROTATE: Created in partnership with stylists Jeanette Madsen and Thora Valdimars, ROTATE has taken the world by storm with its bold and outgoing DNA translated into covetable partywear and everyday glamour. REMAIN: Born from CEO & Creative Director Denise Christensen’s idea of modern sophistication, REMAIN seeks to be a clear-cut voice in a world of noise. Our aesthetic sphere is detail-driven with a refined sleekness at its core, speaking in volumes across tailored pieces, bold knitwear, and distinct leather styles.
Now with more than 70 colleagues in 3 countries, Birger Christensen collective is writing a new chapter of its history to become the change fashion needs, by bringing out a better version of ourselves every day, every step of the way.
We insist on challenging industry standards and think differently across innovation, people and planet to make fashion we can all be proud of.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com before 31 Jan. 2022. You are also welcome to contact Alexandra Rochette, CSO, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.