About PVH Corp.
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+.Lead Yourself. Lead Together. Lead the Way.
The PVH Leadership Behaviors are the actions that unlock the potential of each of us. It is the way we show up as one team to shape our culture and deliver business performance and growth. Whether you lead a team, a project or contribute your own expertise, everyone is a leader at PVH.The Team
The Knits/Jersey Designer is part of the Knits Design Team for Calvin Klein Jeans and is responsible for designing and executing seasonal Men's Knits/Jersey product. They will report to the Knits Design Manager and will be responsible for Men's Knits/Jersey Product: HW knits, LW knits, pants and shorts.Key Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Researching and identifying trends that work in the Calvin Klein Jeans aesthetic.
- Translate Knits/Jersey Menswear trends into commercial collections together with the Design Manager.
- Each season focus on updates to commercial core product whilst also adding newness, novelty and innovation, in line with the Calvin Klein Jeans aesthetic.
- Strong understanding of Knits/Jersey product is a must, with a keen eye for modern styling, shapes and details.
- High level fabric knowledge of Knits/Jersey qualities, plus a strong technical understanding of fits and constructions.
- Work to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work to a commercial Range Plan each season, collaborating with the Merchandising team on best seller management, essential product and seasonal newness.
- Preparing all sketches (2D & 3D) for divisional digital presentations and focus on the follow up of each style.
- Prepare all confirmed styles to be digitalized, with garment worksheets and PLM completed to a high standard.
- Partner with the Product Developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season. Communicate daily on challenges and changes that arise during the development of styles.
- Source qualities, washes, trims and details that fit in the Calvin Klein Jeans aesthetic.
- Work closely with the Design Team to align design aesthetics, seasonal details and creative big ideas.
- Work closely with Tech and Product Development teams on garment fittings, based on block libraries and new seasonal complex styles. Ensure all styles are to the highest possible standard and help find solutions to any problems that may come up during the fitting process.
- Responsible for following up on selected sourcing and fabrics each season with the Product Developer. Supports and partner with the Product Developer to execute each style, making sure that the Calvin Klein Jeans DNA is seen in every garment.
- Work well in a team environment, utilizing strong communication skills.
What You Can Expect from Us
- Bachelor Level degree (or equivalent) in Fashion Design or similar.
- Experience: 4 years of experience on Men's Knits/Jersey product.
- Skills: Strong knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience using PLM systems, useful but non essential.
- Open to 3D Design and digital process.
- High level of understanding of Knit constructions and fabrications.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience and willingness to travel, for visits to vendors (seasonal sourcing and development trips)
- Creative with new ideas, with the ability to be creative within a commercial environment.
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English as it is the working language of the business.
- High level of attention to detail needed for branded product.
- Work Smart Program: hybrid work, flex hours, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, home office allowance and meeting free Fridays
- One of a kind Campus: state-of-the-art collaboration spaces, restaurant with premium buffet, takeaway deli, barista coffee bars, skybar and rooftop garden
- Health & Wellbeing: People's Place gym, sports clubs, nutritional coaching, meditation studio, headspace subscription, rooftop yoga and mental health days
- Social events: Thursday socials, game nights, pub quizzes, annual themed events, sample sales and market launches
- PVH University: learning and development programs to leverage your professional and personal goals
- How we support you: onsite parking, bike garages, commuting allowances, Employee Assistance Programs, pension schemes and discount on our brands Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein to name a few!
Our Talent Acquisition will share our full benefits overview at the offer stage.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.