Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
This position is responsible for formulating strategies for Coach's Outlet E-commerce site to achieve financial and performance targets. As a "store manager" of the online outlet flagship store, this position requires working closely with cross-functional teams to plan promotions, provide site merchandizing directions and provide the best user experience to our customers. Key Responsibilities:
- Requires strong business analysis skill and understanding of financial metrics to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment and promotion mechanics to achieve growth and profitability of the Outlet E-commerce business
- Collaborate closely with buying and allocation teams to influence product strategies
- Coordinate with Global Marketing and Creative teams to ensure featured products matches marketing direction and inventory
- Partner closely with Retail, Distribution and Customer Service teams to create a seamless omni-channel experience for the customers
- Work with CRM/SP teams on customer communications including recruitment and retention initiatives
- Drive roadmap for Outlet site, manage site enhancement projects and facilitate communication with IT and system vendors
- Maintain robust competitive intelligence to monitor trends/innovations in E-commerce and pricing and promotion strategies in Outlet business, in order to create opportunities for optimization, with a focus on driving conversions
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8-10 years experience at consumer/retail sectors, e-commerce experience is preferred
- Proven track record of success as demonstrated through sales growth
- Proven analytical and numerical ability; must be well-versed in analytics in order to analyze data to inform website merchandising and marketing
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail required, with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize for highest ROI
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both Japanese and English required. Business level English is required
- Solid experience working closely with Global HQ required, with proven ability to strategize on a global/regional/local level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams, as well as confidently make persuasive presentations to senior management
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.