- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The Programme Manager will lead the delivery of a IT programme made up of multiple interrelated projects across their entire lifecycle, from initiation through to closure. You will lead across a complex multi-function, multi-vendor, global environment. Have the capacity to own a delivery capability encompassing internal and external resources focused around deep knowledge of, and delivery to, that capability.
- Leading projects and programmes end-to-end, from inception and vision creation through to acceptance in to service and support
- Managing programme financials including initial business case, estimates, budgets and forecasts across Opex and Capex
- Proactively managing a complex programme stakeholder environment up to executive level across multiple internal functions and locations
- Leading and managing internal resource across a matrix organization and across a supplier landscape globally
- Creating and maintaining accurate programme-wide RAID log and ensure that the relevant parties are involved in addressing each factor
- Directly managing experienced project managers and/or workstream leads within the programme of work, mentoring coaching and developing their careers
- Establishing an approach for ensuring the realisation of benefits and the measurement of those benefits against the business case across the entire programme
- Closing programme and conducting lessons learned sessions to capture and document the knowledge and ensure its availability to other programme and project managers
- Delivered £1-10m projects/programmes on time and on budget
- Experience across multiple project delivery methodologies (waterfall, agile and hybrid)
- Ability to apply both creative and pragmatic thinking to problem solving
- Ability to work autonomously with excellent attention to detail
- Proven leadership and people management expertise, with the ability to prioritise activities and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve results
- Self-motivated, driven and proactive; able to acclimate in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to take a holistic view of the business case, using this to guide programme execution, and understanding of the broader context of decisions
- Strong judgement with willingness to take responsibility for project decisions
- Experience in the Retail industry, Product Development and Supply chain beneficial
- Experienced line manager and people leader able to coach and mentor
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || PRODUCT & SUPPLY CHAIN || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert