About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward - for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That's the Power of PVH. The Team
At PVH we are transforming the fashion industry by breaking conventions, exploring ways to push boundaries to deliver fashion for good and constantly accelerating the pace in which we do business. The world we live and work in is constantly changing. Right now, the pace and ambition of that change needs businesses like ours to fundamentally rethink what it means to be sustainable, equitable, inclusive and innovative. That is why the Tommy Hilfiger Sustainable Business and Innovation (SB&I) team exists. To drive transformation through sustainability, innovation, circular business, I&D, and sustainable business strategy. To raise the bar within our industry. To make our business ready and relevant for the future. This seemingly impossible reality is within reach if we're unafraid to grab it.
Circularity has become a central value and key development area for our brands and business. In order to retain relevance with the consumer and grow the business in a world with constrained resources, new business models need to be developed. The Circular Business department grows business models focused on extending the lifetime of materials and already made products, on intensifying usage of products and other models that are not built on the one-off sales of product made of virgin materials. We do everything we can to prevent Tommy Hilfiger products go to waste, giving consumers an opportunity to wear our products through other means than buying them new. The main focus of the Circular Business department is currently on (further) exploring and expanding our circular offerings which includes resale, rework, rental, and repair. The Position
As Director Merchandising Circular Business you are responsible for the creation, implementation and performance of circular product and merchandising strategies. You will steer the circular product offerings, product quality and maximize its commercial opportunities while maintaining the brand identity and its position in the market. You will also support the expansion of circular business to other regions. You will lead a team of people including a Circular Product Specialist and Circular Merchandising Specialist, with the potential to expand to other necessary roles. In addition, you will initiate and drive collaborations with service providers to ensure circular products and solutions are delivered within the desired quality, look and feel, and cost. Key Responsibilities: Merchandising
Circular Product Solution
- In close collaboration with the Head of Growth, maximise conversion and sales opportunities for the Tommy's circular product offerings by addressing specific market needs and boosting commercial opportunities, all while keeping in line with our brand positioning.
- Create and oversee the implementation of data-driven merchandising strategies, for the different Tommy's circular product offerings in line with the needs of key customer segments.
- Partner with (and drive) Tommy's retail, ecom and wholesale teams (on both HQ and country level) in delivering optimal consumer-centric circular product offerings that meet the strategic needs of Circular Business.
- Strategically lead the expansion of the Tommy's circular product offerings, looking into commercial and scalable circular solutions for all products collected from the different input streams. It starts with apparel and potential expansion to include Kids, Footwear and Accessories.
- Oversee the performance of Tommy's circular product offerings from consumer engagement (merchandised-driven marketing activities) to conversion and ensure emphasize on the right product mix and presentation.
- Lead the pricing strategy and identify opportunities to improve margins to support a financially viable business in the near future.
- Contribute to a continuous learning and experimentation roadmap to further align the Tommy's circular product offerings and propositions with our key customer segments.
- Build and oversee the implementation a fully circular product strategy that includes a variety of solutions that are commercial, scalable, sustainable and optimize the utilization of our feedstock.
- Lead the evolvement and extension of new design formulas for our Remixed line contributing to a better utilization of our feedstock.
- Identify new and unexpected (design) collaborations both internally and externally that enable the implementation of a fully circular product strategy.
- Develop and oversee circular product strategy (short, mid and long term) including the identification of potential new production/processing partners and service providers to support program expansion and ensure sufficient stock at all times.
- Oversee existing partnerships with production/processing partners and service providers to ensure stock, style, quality, commercial and sustainability indicators are met consistently.
- Oversee strategy development for Circular Business initiatives in APAC region (or any other region with commercial potential), and support regional team to explore and build local production capacities and capabilities.
- Support the expansion of Tommy Circular Business initiatives into other regions particularly from the merchandising and circular product solution perspective.
- Support the expansion of potential future Circular Businesses e.g. Repair Services.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Provide creative guidance for the content creation and production of assets that engages our community on style and impact aspects.
- Stay on top of market- and brand developments and ensure that the Tommy circular product offerings and potential other future circular assortments are in tune with these.
- Manage, mentor and develop the circular product solution and merchandising team.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- 10+ years in a global, senior merchandising role with credible experience at a fashion brand or retailer
- Strong discernment to quickly identify new business opportunities. Ability to convert into clear, actionable business strategy.
- Omni-channel experience (retail, wholesale, online, in-store) is a plus.
- An effective communicator who possesses a good understanding of consumer preferences across key markets, regions, cultural and consumer differences and the requirements to deliver against financial results and customer-centric KPIs.
- Strong networker; proven history in forming effective working relationships with all key cross-functional departments (Merchandising, Production, Supply Chain and Markets).
- Up to date with latest developments around recommerce and sustainability in fashion. Experience or proven affinity with vintage or recommerce fashion.
- Excellent strategic skills combined with a can-do attitude.
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Resourceful with a start-up, all-hands-on-deck mentality.
- Flexible, positive attitude and a team player, no nine-to-five mentality
- Work Smart Program: hybrid work, flex hours, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, home office allowance, and meeting free Fridays
- One of a kind Campus: state-of-the-art collaboration spaces, restaurant with premium buffet, takeaway deli, barista coffee bars, sky bar and rooftop garden
- Health & Well-being: People's Place gym, sports clubs, nutritional coaching, meditation studio, headspace subscription, rooftop yoga, and mental health days
- Social events: Thursday socials, pub quizzes, annual themed events, sample sales, and market launches
- PVH University: learning and development programs to leverage your professional and personal goals
- How we support you: onsite parking, bike garages, commuting allowances, Employee Assistance Programs, pension schemes, and discounts on our brands Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein to name a few!
Please include a cover letter with your application. We would love to know why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.