Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
We are seeking a passionate, bright and highly motivated individual to help grow and develop the Home Category at Ralph Lauren. The position will report to the two Marketing Managers for this team and he or she will support all marketing activity for RL Home. Working within a multi-functional team in London, the successful candidate will play a key role in helping Ralph Lauren Home drive brand awareness, desirability and sales across Europe and regain market share. The ideal candidate will fully support the development and implementation of RL Home Global marketing campaigns in EMEA as well as working with the team to conceptualise and activate EU focussed strategies, integrating RL Home into broader apparel and lifestyle campaigns where possible and appropriate. This includes online and offline for Ralph Lauren retail doors and wholesale partners across the regions. There will be a focus on customer acquisition strategies focused on the end consumer as well as interior designers and the trade. All marketing activity will include campaign tracking, KPIs analysis and marketing watch, monitoring and reporting on the success of the marketing team's efforts. Over and above all the skills and experience required to be successful as a marketer within Ralph Lauren, we seek an individual with a genuine passion, interest and "feel" for luxury, interiors and design with already a good understanding of the industry in these regions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a member of the European marketing team, the successful candidate will:
* Support the team in developing and activating a commercially intelligent 360 Marketing Strategy for EU to support and drive the Home Business across all channels throughout Europe. These strategies will be both BTB and BTC focussed.
* Support seasonal launches, new point of sales openings, pop-up's and create and follow a compelling calendar of marketing activities and strategies in line with key industry moments including key EU Design Fairs in Milan, London, Paris, and Berlin.
* Integrate RL Home into broader brand and apparel campaigns where possible (for example Wimbledon, Holiday, Gifting Strategies).
* Activate a schedule of targeted consumer and trade events, partnerships and strategies designed to recruit new consumers (end consumers and trade) and re-engage with existing devotees of the brand. This could include but not limited to direct mail, clientelling, gifting, 3rd partnerships with media partners, interior designers, architect studios, super yacht designers.
* Demonstrate the commercial capability to manage trackers and budgets as set up by the senior teams and act as a "business partner".
* Partner with Global and EU Media team on the on development of corporate & licensee media plans. Support the licensees Marketing team with their obligation budgets (Fremaux, Designers Guild) with regard to Harrods & Kadawe as well as wholesale contribution where relevant as set out by senior team.
* Work with the EU retailers to ensure all their activity is in line with our brand strategies and policies and is brand right.
* Supporting in maintaining relationships with wholesale accounts, serving as a day-to-day contact for developing & implementing seasonal marketing campaigns including Media campaigns (print, digital and social).
* Support Branded Residence Projects in Europe and ensure that RLH is represented in the right way and that correct branding and standards are adhered to.
* Execute the marketing collateral strategies supporting from concept development through briefing and timely execution for the licensees, retailers, department stores and EU Sales team including, but not limited to:
* Catalogues, Direct Mail, brochure, bi-folds, postcards
* Digital, E-commerce, Social, Email Blast, Digital mailer, E-vite
* Events, In-store signage, Duratran, Video
* Develop marketing tools adapted to the retailers buys in order to support sales
* For all initiatives, ensure resources are in place, budgets are optimized, and projects are executed efficiently and on time.
* Amplify marketing activity and campaigns by working closely with the Media, Press and Social Media Teams.
* Maintain ongoing reporting of all marketing & media activity in EMEA region.
* Support on communicating seasonal media needs - product focuses, opportunities, cultural taste, regional lifestyle/interiors market knowledge and consumer insight into the global marketing and design teams for consideration during the creative development process.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Educated to degree level
* Fluency in English and a European Language (optional) Experience
* Minimum 2-3 strategic cycle's in a similar position with a proven track record of success
* Depth of relevant marketing and communications experience gained in international consumer goods organisations, preferably in premium/luxury brands/interiors/design
* Good understanding of marketing methods including strategic analysis, brand positioning, merchandising, communications, and sponsorship
* UK experience (and/or European Experience): Will ideally have a strong relevant network and have held a significant marketing role focused on a major EMEA region.
* Experience of executing brand building strategies; protecting and enhancing brand equity and increasing market share within a rapidly changing and highly competitive marketplace
* A dedicated team player with the ability to learn new skills with an affinity for luxury goods and interiors/design.
* Commercially accountable. Ability to work to budgets and be adept at calculating return on investment to support a robust business case to warrant future activity.
* Able to pull together relevant research for negotiating with third parties to establish marketing partnerships.
* Well organised with a structured approach. Can demonstrate good interpersonal and influencing skills. Personal Characteristics
* Must have the intellectual breadth and personal stature to appropriately challenge the business and consistently drive for results within RL and with Wholesale partners.
* Internationally curious and with an appreciation of cultural differences across Europe.
* Brings a real "feel" for luxury, has a passion for the category and stays on top of market developments and competitor activity.
* Comfortable operating as a "brand ambassador" for Ralph Lauren/Ralph Lauren Home.
* Team player showing potential leadership capability and with strong networking skills and a down to earth approach.
* A political player.
* An energetic, entrepreneurial orientated style coupled with well-developed influencing skills.
* The ability to build strong relationships on a cross-functional basis at all levels within the business (Ralph Lauren + Wholesale).
* Instinctive commercial drive.
* A starter and finisher, with an eye for detail and best in class execution. Innovative, creative with a strong sense of initiative but with an organised and structured approach.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and fast paced environments and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines