- Ralph Lauren
- Watford, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Coordinator / Executive
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Support the Merchandising Team/ Merchandising Manager to establish the optimum commercial assortment for the Omni channel region, whilst maximizing the financial plan and respecting the category/ brand objectives and direction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Pre Season Planning
* Responsible for developing annual financial plans on a quarterly basis, in accordance with corporate goals, utilizing historical performance, trend analysis, and input from buyers. Utilize the WSSI to project sales, margin, and inventory for the quarter at the month/week level.
* Present quarterly financial projections at a department/brand/channel level to senior management for approval. Provide buyers with appropriate OTB to support financial KPI's & inventory targets.
* Partner with buyers to provide option and range plans that deliver a commercial assortment. Present financial projections to Senior Management for final signoff.
* Prepare final fiscal plans at the week/department level for signoff from Head of Merchandising. In Season Tactical Adjustments
* Forecast sales, margin, and inventory at a department/brand/channel level by week on a monthly basis. Reforecast financial projections based on changes in business strategies, the overall retail environment, and the receipt flow. Present 90 day forecast to Senior Management in monthly MFR meeting.
* Monitor intake, OTB position & terminal stocks across the department feeding back any opportunities or risks to sales. Partner with Commercial Trade teams to manage inventory through tactical trade decisions, or de-reserving of sales contract.
* Review on order with Buying team on a weekly basis. Work with buyer to ensure that receipts are in line with projections and that any receipt changes resulting from changes in business are reflected in the MFR.
* Reforecast and/or create "What If" scenarios to support changes in business strategies. Present financial components (sales, margin, and inventory) to key stakeholders in order to determine the financial impact with respect to strategy changes.
* Forecast continuity styles. Ensure the flow of receipts supports the current and future business strategies. Further Responsibilities
* Prepare adhoc analysis to support the Head of Merchandising as required.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Proven ability to lead, coach and develop talent. Being confident is managing difficult/ under performance.
* Having the ability to plan people succession, allowing the team to flourish under guidance
* Able to deliver strong presentations which include financial information and business strategies. Able to tailor level of detail in presentations to reflect the audience (i.e. cross functional team or Senior Management).
* Possess excellent problem solving skills. Able to develop several business strategies to solve the problem, create a financial forecast associated with each strategy and, through analysis, determine the most profitable solution to the problem.
* Demonstrate highly developed listening, written and oral communication skills. Able to make persuasive arguments both in written and oral form. Able to reflect the appropriate sense of urgency and determine the proper business partners to resolve problems and share information.
* Able to foster relationships with other members of the cross functional team. Demonstrate strong leadership and negotiating skills. Exhibit ability to develop relationships and partner with members of the organization outside of the cross functional team (i.e. human resources, marketing, visual, and stores). Qualifications
* Bachelors Degree
* Strong computer skills including Excel and EP or similar planning system.
* Two years of Planning experience preferably in a specialty retail environment.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert