We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose
You will be responsible for Tapestry Hardware, and take full responsibility on the development, commercialization, production, and quality of hardware used in Tapestry Leathergoods. You represent Tapestry to drive for ESG, overall pricing, and performance with the nominated hardware facilities ensuring Best Practices are met and when necessary, drive for changes and implementation. You also support to drive for a collaboration spirit to remote for better working relationship and better working environment. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to... Manage Overall Delivery / Quality / Efficiency / Compliance
Embrace teamwork, collaboration among Tapestry, develop talents to support business growth.
- Using balanced score card build Hardware RMS annual operation plan. Work with Operations Planning to ensure the plan is followed.
- Strategize on raw material suppliers capacity / capability to support Tapestry business need.
- Work closely with Development team to understand the Design expectations and ensure they can be commercialized in mass production. If the expectations cannot be met then need to be able to drive corrective action or stop from continuing.
- Regular RM and SP production walkthrough to screen: quality, compliance, design intent, best practice implementation.
- Drive for machinery improvement, process improvement, innovation ideas
- Work closely with Operations team to constantly drive for material improvement in quality and delivery
- Communicate / Share Regionally Best Practice / Product changes to ensure product alignment, quality improvement being followed by all countries.
- Coordinate and take action on Quality issues: Root Cause Analysis, Action plan and Sharing to drive elimination.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Participate and contribute to all team activities.
- Be open and listen to team ideas, feedback.
- Communicate and Share Direction / Changes At Good Timing to Team
- Develop and retain talents through training, project assignment, delegation and communicate progress
Key Competenc ies
- Diploma holder or above with minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience in merchandising field - preferable in handbags, leather goods, apparel, or footwear.
- Lean / Six Sigma / Automation knowledge
- Strong leadership skill and Strategic Thinker
- Strong communication skill in both English Speaking and Writing
- Ability to manage a diverse team effectively in a fast pace, changing environment
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Adaptability / Flexibility.
- Team Work / Collaboration
- Think out of the box
- Communication: good understanding, fluent English, good negotiation skill
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Cultural Awareness
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/