Creative Brand Manager
- House of Hackney
- Shoreditch, London (Greater)
- Salary: £55-65K*
- Closing date
- 1 Feb 2023
- Creative - Graphics, Images
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Role: Creative Brand Manager
Based In: Shoreditch Showroom, remote work not available
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
*The stated salary range, experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills and passion for the brand can be demonstrated.
The Creative Brand Manager is responsible for the ideation and execution of brand communications across all platforms of the business. This role acts as a brand guardian and is critical in helping to drive brand consistency across all omni-channel touch points.
The Creative Brand Manager will drive the business’s ‘Most Important Projects’ by leading the creative and marketing strategies, owning cross-department coordination, and managing the execution of MIPs.
This person will balance a fresh creative perspective with commercial nous and enrich the brand experience across all channels of the business, creating new ways to drive the brand message forwards in line with the overarching brand strategy.
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Digital Designer
- Social Media Manager
- Creative Content Producer
- Copywriter and Content Editor
- Owns the brand experience, ensuring the best possible customer journey is delivered across all customer touch points
- Acts as a brand gatekeeper: driving consistency across all communications while ensuring the brand’s aesthetic, values, and high standards are consistent and continuously elevated across all channels and platforms
- Grows the value and positioning of the brand by building cross-functional relationships between departments and presenting actionable insights to show how all creative output will deliver value back to the business, remaining considerate of the key categories that drive the business
- Champions the verbal strategy and tone of voice, working closely with the Copywriter & Global Communications Manager to provide clear brand positioning for core messaging and campaigns
- With decorating categories driving the core business, this role is responsible for identifying how to bridge the customer’s imagination gap through engaging content - constantly reviewing the existing customer journey in line with changing consumer needs and habits, conducting competitor research into who is doing decorating well, pitching innovative ideas to the senior management team and managing the deployment of such content alongside learning from the reactions to it
- As a digital-first company, this position works closely with the Head of Ecommerce to continuously review the relevance and quality of the content across the website and take action accordingly
- Responsible for the creative development and execution of campaigns, managing the Brand Creative team to generate commercially-led creative content that successfully engages customers across all channels of the business, from the website and social media channels to the physical stores
- Owns the holistic content journey, including identification of content needed and ideation, clear commercial briefing and KPI-setting for the team, on-time deployment of content, reviewing the content reactions to inform new content, mentoring and managing the team to deliver in the process
- Plans creative campaigns with a commercial mindset, using business insights in order to inform creative content strategies including key driving products, services and key markets
- Works closely with the Head of Ecommerce to write and deliver briefs to the Brand Creative team to enable the smooth planning and execution of campaigns and content across the website, newsletters, and social channels
Content & Creative
- First point of contact for all creative needs across the business, ensuring workloads are briefed and allocated to the correct individuals and the highest level of quality and consistency is maintained across all digital and physical channels
- Brings the brand to life creatively; working closely with the Brand Creative team to develop innovative content ideas and ensure all copy and visuals are executed to the highest standard and delivered on time, within budget and in accordance with brand values
- Manages photographer/filmographer relationships and seeks out new talent to work with
- Responsible for developing the moving image strategy and working closely with the designers to plan and execute video content across the appropriate brand platforms
- Reviews image/video success through brand reactions and responds accordingly to replicate success across other touch points
- Manages projects and relationships with a range of external brand partners, from negotiating contracts to setting brand style guides and coordinating deliverables
- Oversees design work conducted by external agencies ensuring it delivered on brief, on budget, and on time
- Supports the Creative Director on campaign shoot creative
- Owns the commercial planning of the shoot: ensuring the KPIs are set and that key driving product is shot, reviewing assets and leading on where gaps need to be filled, storyboarding content and forward-planning in accordance with the company calendar
- Working closely with the Creative Director to select and edit images from campaign shoots and advise on where/how these should be used across the business channels
- Ensures the Brand Creative team is set up for success: supports direct reports with their creative, personal and strategic development, ensuring they are delivering the output required at the best level and within the timeframe, all while balancing creativity with commerciality
- Production management and cross-department coordination of the business’s ‘Most Important Projects’: creating critical paths, allocating workload, briefing relevant team members, and leading weekly meetings to track progress
- Conducts regular meetings with senior stakeholders, gaining insights into messaging/content needs, presenting strategies, advising on process, and updating on project status
IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE*:
- A highly creative and strategic individual who is a conceptual thinker, balancing creativity with commerciality
- At least 2 years working at management level and demonstrates strong management skills
- Passionate about the House of Hackney brand, aesthetic and ethos, and demonstrates similar aesthetic tastes and values in order to serve as a strong brand gatekeeper
- An intuitive eye for market trends as well as a deep interest in and understanding of the unique positioning of the House of Hackney brand
- Proven digital experience with a deep understanding of how to adapt each message to cater to a multi-generational customer who engages across different channels
- Excellent briefing skills with the ability to listen, interpret and communicate complex information in a concise and understandable way
- Organised and self-motivated with exceptional attention to detail
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and sell new ideas
- A collaborative individual with a positive outlook who has a passion for inspiring, leading and mentoring people to achieve their absolute best
- Someone who thrives working in a fast-paced and cross-functional role
- Inspirational and engaging with the confidence to lead workshops and embrace feedback
- Flawless IT skills (Microsoft Office, G-Suite, project management tools, knowledge of Adobe Suite would be a plus)
- A forward-thinker with the ability to consider the long-term impact of decisions while continually elevating the creative on a day-to-day basis
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
As always, there are some perks:
- 22 Days Holiday Allowance + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday.
- Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme, Fridays off all Summer.
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme.
- PayDay Drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible.
- Our water is filtered because plastic bottles are banned from the office, plenty of herbal teas, coffee, fruit & cereals are available weekly for that morning snack.
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there's very little we can't conquer together.
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items.
Our House is a home for everyone. We stand for diversity, equity and inclusion. As a culture led business, we aim to be an inspiring and meaningful place for people to work and as an equal opportunities employer, we foster an environment in which every person can grow, be heard and feel like they belong.
We believe in and strive for a fully inclusive, diverse, supportive and accepting workplace where we care about people’s physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Our Housemates are open-minded people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences who share our values and culture, and we are committed to continually learning and evolving, to ensure that our House remains a safe and fair space for all who come through its doors.
*Sorry, we are not able to offer visa sponsorship or remote working.
Our Housemates are innovators who see the world differently and strive to make a difference within it. Each one is chosen and cherished for the skills, talents and characteristics that make them unique. As House of Hackney evolves, we empower our team to learn and grow alongside us. And, as a compassionate brand, we care about the wellbeing of our Housemates. That is why we offer a more flexible approach to working and operate a four-day week for 5 months over the summer period.
As well as caring for our colleagues, we also care deeply about our eternal muse - Mother Nature. House of Hackney is proud to be certified as a B Corp™: a business that meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
Step into our House and you’ll be in a land of print and colour, away from the sea of grey suits. From our Shoreditch Showroom based in the creative heart of the capital, to our enchanting New York Gallery, our House is a place where imagination and collaboration can flourish – where everyone is accepted, all ideas are encouraged, and magic really does happen.
There may be no place like home…but in our House, there’s no place like work.
Clergy House, Mark St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert