JOB TITLE: Finance Director, North America
DETAILS: Full time
LOCATION: New York
REPORTS TO: CFO
Dr. Barbara Sturm, one of the most sought-after aesthetic doctors in the world, drew on two decades of anti-inflammatory research and practice to create her high performance, ingredient science-focused skincare regimens. Her unique products have achieved cult status with skincare devotees worldwide, and her philosophy of healing the skin has challenged both aggressive approaches and the conventional wisdom.
Dr. Sturm has built more than a brand—she has built a lifestyle based on bettering oneself through education and self-care, focusing on your own beliefs and ambition and taking every challenge as an opportunity. Our community and customers are at the core of everything we do and their voices, opinions, and ideas inform each decision we make. Join us and become part of #TeamSturm.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Barbara Sturm Molecular Cosmetics is seeking a strong, detail-oriented, process driven, hands-on Finance Director for North America. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing company, playing a crucial role in setting up the systems and processes for its continued success.
Reporting to the CFO, the Finance Director is responsible for overseeing and directing all financial activities, such as planning and forecasting and investment. This role will engage in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction analysis and reviewing operational performance.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FINANCE DIRECTOR
- Works with Senior management team to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- The Finance Director provides insightful analysis of historical financial information, enabling senior management, as well as each department to judge the financial performance of the company, of the department as well as of any ongoing projects and initiatives, as applicable. Makes recommendations based on findings to ensure the most profitable outcomes.
- Drives forecasting and budgeting with senior management; uses relevant historical financials and assumptions provided with key stakeholders to provide accurate and timely financial forecasts.
- Together with the CFO, is in charge of the regional tax & financial planning.
- Lead local corporate governance and administration to ensure federal and state compliance.
- Responsible for day to day financial management and oversight of large-scale corporate budgets ensuring teams remain within approved budgets (eg store opening programmes, large scale property or IT projects, etc)
- Oversees the Treasury activities managed daily by the Finance Team.
- In charge of the daily management of the regional Finance team.
- Coordinates, directs, develops and motivates Finance team to support the overall success of the company’s objectives.
- Constantly evaluates the Finance team’s performance and recommends training, process improvements, reviewing job descriptions and making key decisions regarding the team to thrive for a best-in-class team.
- Is in charge of implementing reporting systems. The Finance Director is constantly looking for ways to provide more accurate and adequate reports that the Finance team can deliver on a timely manner.
- Develops internal control policy and procedure best practices for all financial activities; ensures the Finance team as well as the entire Company comply with the set controls. Constantly strives to improve company-wide controls.
- Liaise with outside partner professionals -- CPA Auditors, Tax, Banking and Legal – anticipating and coordinating the needs of the business, partnering for success.
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- Minimum of 10 years Accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations preferred.
- Ability to leverage strengths of the current finance team members; ability to drive change where shortfalls are identified
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to the business.
- Ability to make confident and independent recommendations.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and challenging problems.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Experience in implementing & optimising ERP systems
Candidates invited to interview will need to demonstrate their right to work in the US
Salary: $140,000 - $165,000
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Dr. Barbara Sturm is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.