Works in the production department- working cross functionally with Design, Production, Technical Design, Development and Trim Department. Shares department with Director of Tech and Assistant Tech. Must have 7+ years of Senior Technical Design Experience, strong knowledge in fit, specs and garment workmanship and BOMs.
• Lead fit sessions for SMS, 1st Proto, PPS fitting
• Evaluate, advise and communicate fit, specs, workmanship and construction corrections to factories
• Review and comment on style grading
• Work with trim department on trim grading and quality of application to garments
• Work with Assistant Technical Designer and Director of Technical Design
• Work directly with factories
• 100% overseas production
• Knowledge of patternmaking and grading
• Experience working with overseas factories: communication on spec, comments and workmanship
• Knowledge in full range of women’s wear wovens and light knowledge in women’s knitwear
• Strong knowledge of measuring and efficient communication of garment evaluation, knowledge of pattern making
• Strong knowledge in technical workmanship quality and terminology
• Excel and Illustrator skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
AREA Studio LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.