Our vision is to establish HUGO BOSS as the leading premium tech-driven fashion platform worldwide and to be one of the top 100 global brands. At HUGO BOSS, we work as a team to apply our knowledge, skills and experience together and create a diversity of ideas and solutions. What unites us? We love fashion, we change fashion!
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 14.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
HUGO strives to become the first brand touch point for younger customers, to achieve this, we are currently seeking a R&D Manager Fabricswith a passion for quality, sustainability, details and fashion.What you can expect:
- Responsible for Research & Development of fabrics in Menswear, considering collection briefings, market requirements, minimum quantities, quality requirements, lead times. Ensure product development milestones and calendar dates are met
- Proactively research innovation and trends, new suppliers, new technologies and sustainable options
- Management of sample fabric and trims approvals with Design determining hand feel, wash and construction. Management of capsules and programs execution within R&D
- Responsible for supplier relationship management, including price negotiations, 3D data management, countersourcings, SMS and prototyping orders, quality assessments. Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered, use technical expertise to realistically translate the design intent on fabric and yarn requests to meet cost parameters
- Strong cooperation with Buying, Vendor Management and Vendor Sustainability related to onboarding/ offboarding, social compliance, environmental compliance, production performance. Development of a stable and reliable supplier matrix
- System maintenance - responsible for PLM/ SAP data maintenance and data monitoring as well as certificate management
- Maintenance of digital overviews and presentations, in collaboration with interfaces
- Collaboration with interfaces, e.g. Product Development and Materials Management, on development and allocation strategies
- Proactive benchmark of competitors materials, trends and innovations. Fair attendance and supplier visits on a regular base
- Bachelor degree in textile, fashion or equivalent from recognized academic institution
- Min. 2 years experience in fabric sourcing, research and development
- Strong fashion sense combined with a passion for sustainability. Technical knowledge of fabrications, constructions and yarns considered a plus
- Working knowledge and understanding of production
- Proven ability to anticipate operational issues and develop preventative measures
- Proven ability to take decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed is crucial
- Excellent english communication skills
- Good IT Skills (Outlook, MS Office, PLM/ SAP)
- Basic knowledge of 3D materials visualization considered a plus
- Responsible, proactive, capable of performing under pressure and adaptable to shifting priorities and timelines
- Open-minded, intercultural competent and a confident communicator liaising at all levels, including Management.
- Made for Me: three days in Metzingen and two days working remotely. Our hybrid working model "Threedom of work" is as individual as your personal needs.
- Today. Tomorrow. Always. Sustainability is one of our key values, and more than just a trend. We are committed to environmental, animal and climate protection, and human rights.
- Does innovation drive you? Same for us! We have digitized most of our workflows and almost fully automated our logistics centres.
- Exclusive discounts for shopping and arts: benefit from discounts for family and friends along with free entrance to more than 15 international art museums.
- High-performing people need a healthy balance. Take advantage of the employee gym, the beach volleyball field or yoga classes on the rooftop terrace.
- As a fashion company, we value good taste in everything - including food. Welcome to our own restaurant and café, Times.
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.