The Self-Portrait Range is expanding, and as a result we are looking for a talented Bags/Accessories Designer who is passionate and confident in leading the growth of the Bags category.
As Bags/Accessories Designer at Self-Portrait, you will work directly with the Creative Director and have complete ownership of the Bags/Accessories category and be responsible for all aspects of the Design Process.
- You will be responsible for the Design of the Self-Portraits Bags Category
- Working directly with the Creative Director to consistently develop and build on the Self-Portrait Accessories collection
- Propose Research, Concepts and Trends, implementing newness and innovation to ensure the continued success of the Range
- Involved in the development and hardware for Bags
- Identifying and delivering detailed style direction on newness
- Collaborating with Womenswear Design team to ensure a unified attitude and style direction each season
- Work closely with factories and suppliers to action products, including all corrections and amendments through the design and development process
- Collaborating with the wider Self-Portrait team to ensure that all styles are fit for purpose.
- Work collaboratively with the merchandising team to plan and finalise the collection
Requirements for the Role:
- 4+ years’ experience in a Contemporary/Premium or Luxury Bags/Accesorries Designer role
- BA or equivalent qualification in a Fashion or Accessories related subject
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong and complete experience of product lifecycle; from sketch to consumer
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and team oriented
- A positive can-do attitude, and ability to work independently as well as to embrace teamwork
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple tasks
- Interest in fashion, and a solid understanding of the Self-Portrait aesthetic
Please apply with CV and Portfolio. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.