DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
Senior Technical Designer (Sportswear and Intimates)
DÔEN is seeking a highly organized and motivated Senior Technical Designer, Sportswear and Intimates to join our team on a hybrid full-time basis in Van Nuys. The ideal candidate will be well versed in their respective product categories; has the ability to confidently lead fittings and execute fit comments autonomously. This role will report directly to the VP of Technical Design.
- Prep all samples for fittings from Development through Production
- Accurately track fit notes from each fit session and be able to speak to changes during live fittings in front of large groups of people
- Problem solve and offer suggestions on ways to improve or correct fit issues to accurately execute design intent without compromising fit functionality
- Translate fit comments to vendors daily and hold vendors accountable to timely turnaround of next fit sample (chasing next fit as sample needed)
- Call out fit issues from pattern issues vs poor workmanship execution
- Create all proto tech packs and construction pages, updating them as the fit process progresses
- Specialized Technical Designer in your assigned category
- Strong communication skills, detail oriented, self-starter, ability to communicate and streamline clear direction with vendors
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a face paced environment
- Effective time management skills
- Experience leading fittings
- General knowledge of pattern-making preferred
- Demonstrated ability to accurately identify fit issues and effectively communicate corrections
- Flexibility and understanding to shift direction as priorities change
- Expert knowledge of contemporary and elevated construction and the ability to suggest best option for cost compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.