DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
Assistant Store Manager
We are seeking an exceptional Assistant Store Manager (ASM) for our Santa Monica store located at the Brentwood Country Mart. You’ll be joining a company that’s inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected. Our ideal ASM is first and foremost a service minded individual who feels comfortable in a leadership role, while supporting the needs of our customers, employees, and store manager. It’s important that our ASM showcase a good balance between creating an exceptional customer experience, while also understanding the operational mechanics of running a store. This position will require weekend and holiday availability.
This position is classified as: Non-exempt/Hourly at $33.66 per hour
- Manage and direct sales associates to support the overall business when the store manager is unavailable.
- Provide the highest level of personalized client experience to our loyal and
- growing customer base.
- Provide styling advice based on brand aesthetic and excellent firsthand
- product knowledge.
- Process sales and returns through the POS system with accuracy and
- Take proactive measures and initiative to ensure the store is maintained and
- always running efficiently.
- Support store manager with personnel management, interviewing, training, motivating, and disciplining employees as needed.
- Address customer and employee complaints should they arise.
- Assist store manager in evaluating employees' efficiency and productivity.
- Partner with the store manager to set and adjust team schedule.
- Maintain ownership of various aspects of the store, including but not limited to store assets and inventory, daily store operations, visual merchandising, and supply levels
- Meet sales and productivity goals as an individual and as part of the store
- Provide the highest level of personalized client experience to a loyal and growing customer base
- Manage the client book and effectively train the team in building and
- maintaining client relationships.
- Be proactive and take initiative to ensure the store standards are maintained
- Perform daily operations and closing procedures including daily paperwork
- and reconciliation
- Protect store assets and inventory
- Participate in all monthly inventory counts
- Serve as a mentor and leader to the sales team and peers to help develop strengths and identify opportunities
- Must have 1-2 years of sales management experience in a fashion retail environment
- Energetic and confident with an adaptable personality
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Passionate about working for an inclusive, values driven brand
- Ability to foster an inclusive and respectful working environment
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move objects up to 15 pounds
- Open availability (including weekends and holidays)
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer