Fashion Associate Buyer CW
- Ralph Lauren
- Plan-les-Ouates, Switzerland
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Associate Buyer to join and contribute to a high-performing Childrenswear team. The Buying Associate role is a key support to the Buying team in achieving departmental financial plans and ensuring the seasonal strategies are realised from inception all the way to implementation in store.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Seasonal Buy Responsibilities:
* Own end to end process of product, selecting market relevant and financially viable ranges that link back to departmental strategy and brand direction.
* Analyze business results in preparation for seasonal buy. Develop the ability to draw top line conclusions and actions from analysis.
* Demonstrate and communicate awareness of retail landscape; conduct research on competitive set including pricing, style, and key messages and translate findings into actions.
* Support to prepare all necessary documents and resources for major calendar meetings, including Hindsight, Buy Review and Sign Off.
* Autonomous Order Management from initial unit entry through to delivery into store. Close partnership with key stakeholders to monitor changes post sign-off, including style updates, MOQs and delivery movements. Process & Systemic Responsibilities:
* Agile Outlook and email management to maintain department critical path.
* Autonomous and Accurate Delivery and Purchase Order Management. Clear communication of orders status, challenges, and opportunities to wider team.
* Meticulous data integrity and management of daily buying responsibilities: including building and maintaining any required tools and system management for the following: Deliveries, Pricing, Order Reconciliation. Ability to troubleshoot any issues and identify better ways of working to improve efficiency.
* Build relationships with cross-functional partners across Stores, Production, Merchandising and Creative to ensure the department critical path is maintained to the highest standard.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Highly organized whilst maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to manage timelines and juggle priorities
* A strong team player with a results-driven attitude
* Strong analytical skills
* Awareness of product trends and current state of market
* Resilient with an agile and resourceful mindset, able to over-come challenges by focusing on solutions
* Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Effective communication skills at all levels, both written and spoken
* Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
* Previous experience in a similar Buying, Planning or Merchandising role is preferable
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert