JOB TITLE: Senior Operations Manager for Spa & Boutique, US
DETAILS: Full time
LOCATION: New York
REPORTS TO: SVP, Global Retail
Dr. Barbara Sturm, one of the most sought-after aesthetic doctors in the world, drew on two decades of anti-inflammatory research and practice to create her high performance, ingredient science-focused skincare regimens. Her unique products have achieved cult status with skincare devotees worldwide, and her philosophy of healing the skin has challenged both aggressive approaches and the conventional wisdom.
Dr. Sturm has built more than a brand—she has built a lifestyle based on bettering oneself through education and self-care, focusing on your own beliefs and ambition and taking every challenge as an opportunity. Our community and customers are at the core of everything we do and their voices, opinions, and ideas inform each decision we make. Join us and become part of #TeamSturm.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Senior Operations Manager is the primary partner working closely with SVP, Retail to ensure effective planning, implementation, communication, and ongoing support of key in-store operational initiatives. You will play a critical role in the execution of new technology rollout, spa operations excellence, and create a strong operations structure.
You will spend time with our store teams to understand areas to improve efficiency and then propose and implement solutions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER FOR SPA & BOUTIQUE
- Participate in the decision-making process for new initiatives, projects and procedures for all stores
- Take the lead in project management for all new store initiatives
- Set the tone for compliance by monitoring and updating all store operations policies and ensure that policies are properly understood at all levels. Reinforce the importance of consistent compliance.
- Create and lead training for all in-store operating policies for store team
- Perform regular store visits to identify operational opportunities and develop appropriate actions plans with the store leadership team.
- Participate in all aspects of new store opening operations, co-coordinating store opening logistics, and working with store opening team to ensure store is fully operational for an on-time store opening.
- Oversee vendor management and negotiations.
- Manage and develop the requirements for new or enhanced functionality for all in-store applications in partnership with IT.
- Own the deployment process for all new technology, store execution programs and updated processes while collaborating with appropriate business partners to ensure alignment.
- Ensure that POS policies and procedures are followed through effective training materials and regular audits.
- Manage the maintenance of all store systems including POS, iPads, computers, BOH computers, phones and any other devices. Ensure all systems are functioning correctly to ensure exemplary customer service.
Maintenance and Repairs
- Manage the maintenance and repairs for all service providers. Monitor vendor performance, quality of work and make recommendations as required.
- Manage the maintenance and repairs budget including managing expenses related to each.
- Responsible for conducting complete store maintenance audits to ensure that all stores are in compliance with maintenance standards e.g., light fixtures, paint, floor, AC, cleaning, etc
- Control the operational costs on general expenses and store maintenance. Take actions to keep them within the budget.
- Stay current with changes to the business that could necessitate process, application, or report updates.
- Influence and support the operation portion of the annual budget
- Manage store supply forecasting and ordering as well as store office supplies, bags, and packaging expenses on a monthly basis.
- Work store team on inventory accuracy. Manage discrepancy resolution as needed. Partner with Managers on store inventory preparations.
- Monitor stock movement and consolidations; ensure that both are executed in a correct and timely manner.
- Physically be present as needed to assist with store inventory process.
- Be the liaison between stores and the operations/logistic team.
- Monitor deliveries in-route to stores.
- Monitor OH stock and new products launch inventory
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- Knowledge of the retail business
- Experience in beauty , wellness or fashion retail essential
- Sound experience in analyzing and improving systems and processes
- Able to prioritize own workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to match the audience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and knowledge of different retail platforms
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- High degree of flexibility and ability to trouble shoot and prioritize wisely
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
Candidates invited to interview will need to demonstrate their right to work in the USA
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Dr. Barbara Sturm is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.