Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by empowering our community to promote the circular fashion movement. Vestiaire was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong and warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We currently have a diverse global team of 800 employees representing more than 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp. About the role Director of Accounting F/M/D
W e are looking for a Director of Accounting & Finance as part of the finance team and reporting to the VP Finance, you will manage and support the global accounting organisation at Vestiaire Collective.
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of our Paris office. What you will be doing: Global Accounting leading
Accounting and Reporting
- you will be responsible for the global accounting organization which spans across three main geographical zones (USA, Europe, Asia).
- You will manage a 6 people team, based in Paris and in our local entities
- You will manage the relation with external stakeholders (incl. l eading the annual audit processes with our external auditors).
Coordination & global processes
- You will be in charge of delivering high quality financial statements that are compliant to global and local requirements.
- You will optimize the set-up and quality of our accounting processes and ways of working; with a focus on enabling business expansion via the right tools and technology.
Who you are:
- You will be the custodian of our accounting standards and policies in all our regions
- You will collaborate within the Finance Community to support the functional goals and enable business growth.
- You will drive continuous process improvement, standardization, simplification and reporting enhancements.
What we offer
- You have more than 8 years of experience in a digital and fast paced environment. E-commerce experience is a plus.
- You are a qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with good technical knowledge of IFRS and French GAAP.
- You have strong proficiency with Excel and and have an experience of working with accounting software (Sage desirable)
- You have strong analytical skills, with the ability to effectively summarise and interpret data to wide range of stakeholders (SQL desirable)
- You have strong leadership skills and stakeholder management with the ability to influence. You are a team worker and like to achieve division strategy and goals
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunities employer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- Remote flexibility
- The opportunity to do career defining work in a fast growing French-born scale up
- The possibility to work as part of a global diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- 2 days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package