JOB TITLE: HR Administrator
DETAILS: Full time
LOCATION: New York
Dr. Barbara Sturm, one of the most sought-after aesthetic doctors in the world, drew on two decades of anti-inflammatory research and practice to create her high performance, ingredient science-focused skincare regimens. Her unique products have achieved cult status with skincare devotees worldwide, and her philosophy of healing the skin has challenged both aggressive approaches and the conventional wisdom.
Dr. Sturm has built more than a brand—she has built a lifestyle based on bettering oneself through education and self-care, focusing on your own beliefs and ambition and taking every challenge as an opportunity. Our community and customers are at the core of everything we do and their voices, opinions, and ideas inform each decision we make. Join us and become part of #TeamSturm.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are looking for an experienced organised and proactive People Administrator and Office Assistant to join our New York office. Providing first class administrative support and being the first point of contact for all office related topics, managing the employee life cycle from new starter to leaver, and maintaining our people systems and databases you will ensure a smooth operation and great service for our office field and spa teams across the US.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN HR ADMINISTRATOR
- Update and maintain people systems (Insperity and BambooHR) and databases
- Manage onboarding process
- Communicate and respond to emails, escalate where appropriate
- Produce people information reports, as and when required
- Proactive in problem solving solutions and identifying operational efficiency
- General administration and other duties
- Undertake projects as and when required
- Support People team members with ad hoc requests
- Coordinate processes and procedures, book appointments and manage calendars
- Maintain and update organisation charts
- Manage employee life cycle activities including create and maintain digital files; manage and track right to work documentation; issue offer letters & employment documentation; request and secure employment references; and leaver document
- Provide comprehensive people administration support
- Maintain office supplies and be responsible for ordering stationary and fridge supplies
- Organize office events and gatherings
- Organize travel where necessary for key office based people
- Deal with contractors and vendors related to office maintenance
- Build relationships with shared office managers to keep up to date with building matters
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- Experienced administrator in an People/HR office environment, preferably in retail and/or beauty industry
- Handles information and data with discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail – able to efficiently produce and process information accurately
- Excellent IT skills particularly Microsoft 365 including intermediate Excel
- Professional, confident, energetic and passionate about People!
- Experience working with People information systems. BambooHR is desirable
- Identify issues and recommend solutions; identify ways to efficiently operate
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work within a fast-paced environment; with ability to adapt and prioritise workload; and use initiative to seek out information where required
- Knowledge and understanding of HR practices across different states
Candidates invited to interview will need to demonstrate their right to work in the US
Salary: $50,000 - $65,000
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Dr. Barbara Sturm is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.