The Business of Fashion (BoF) is seeking a Senior Social Media Associate to drive the expansion of a fast-growing, scale-up media company.
Ever more people are encountering BoF for the first time on Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube or Facebook, where our accounts have a total of over 6 million followers. However, we are looking beyond follower numbers; we want to create an even more vibrant, engaged BoF community across multiple platforms.
To help us achieve this vision, we are looking for a Senior Social Media Associate , who will be working very closely with BoF’s Social Media Producer. You will be passionate about social media with deep knowledge of the fashion industry, along with a keen interest in adjacent industries, such as beauty. You will have a wealth of ideas for how BoF can tailor our website’s content and copy for a social media audience whilst delivering the business as usual activity.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented, passionate content team working closely to achieve our overall goal of becoming the global leader for professional content and services dedicated to fashion and beauty.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What we need you to do:
As a crucial member of the social media team, you will look after the day-to-day social media operations, whilst working with the social media producer to build and engage the BoF community across our social channels.
To be successful in the role, you will::
- Run and maintain the day-to-day social content output for all channels across always-on social
- Schedule social content by using tools such as Sprout Social, Later or other social media scheduling tools
- Source appropriate imagery to illustrate editorial content on the different social media platforms by using image platforms such as Getty or Shutterstock or by creating imagery yourself by using Photoshop
- Work with the social media producer to translate BoF’s global editorial content by writing strong and eloquent captions for Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter (focus on Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Monitor performance data, compiling regular reports on trends to encourage team to make better informed decisions on what works on social media
- Develop new ideas and initiatives to grow the BoF community and engage our audience
- Proactively identify any cultural moments & conversations in which the BoF might meaningfully participate, building brand awareness through culturally relevant, real-time content
- Contribute to social strategy reports and social insight gathering, to help inform wider business strategy
- Work across functions and directly with editorial, multimedia, studio, events, design, commercial and marketing teams, ensuring their respective demands are met
- Support with community management by monitoring and responding to comments
- Where needed, respond to breaking news outside of working hours
Who you are:
- Demonstrate a passion for the fashion and beauty industries
- Have an interest and understanding about the intersectionality between social and the fashion and beauties industries
- Experience creating native social content across multiple platforms.
- An analytical thinker with strong writing/copywriting skills
- Exceptional attention to detail that allows you to write with a consistent brand voice and point of view
- A strategic thinker, who seeks to understand and disseminate social trends to key stakeholders to help inform our overall social strategy
- Ability to create and source imagery to accompany the social posts
You’ll know you’re successful when:
- The daily editorial content is successfully translated onto BoF’s ever-growing social media platforms with smart captions and strong imagery
- All social obligations across BoF’s projects including Commercial and Marketing obligations and deliverables are met in a timely manner and the social media content publishing calendar is fleshed out and accurate
- You are driving change across BoF functions using your social media skills, with positive feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- You are on top of what’s happening in fashion and beauty while delivering and executing social responsibilities