Apparel Designer for Both Men's and Women's Collections
- Sergio Tacchini
- New York City, New York (US)
- up to $90,000
- Closing date
- 21 Feb 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Design and develop both men's and women's collections
Assist Design Director in conducting market research to forecast trends and design/develop collections
- Manage woven, cut and sewn, sweater knit, and athletic wear product groups
- Manage all aspects of garment/fabric/yarn/trim design and development
- Brainstorm concepts and create design/color/fabric/trim boards
- Create design boards including inspiration, fabric, trim, sketch, technical drawing, graphics, and artwork
- Communicate with and instruct factories on preliminary treatments/mock-ups daily
- Generate tech-packs and bills-of-materials with clear measurements, construction, and trim information
- Track sample yardage, color lab-dip approvals, trims
- Lead fittings and fit corrections from prototype stage to final sample
- Produce line sheets and partner with production/sales team to ensure a cohesive collection
- Update all boards as necessary for presentations and attend weekly design/sales meeting
- Attend pre-production fitting and updating of tech-packs and bills-of-materials
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- At least 3-5 years of experience in fashion design
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, meets deadlines on time, accountable, and enthusiastic.
Sergio Tacchini is a heritage sportswear brand representing authenticity, craftsmanship, and style.
Founded in 1966 by Italian tennis champion Sergio Tacchini, the namesake label gained worldwide recognition by infusing color into an otherwise
all-white sport while partnering with the world’s top tennis athletes, including John McEnroe, Pete Sampras, Martina Navratilova, and Novak Djokovic among many others.
For over 50 years, Sergio Tacchini has lived at the intersection of tennis and culture and has redefined sports and lifestyle apparel both on and off the court.
230 West 39th St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert