About PVH Corp.
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+.About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's most recognized premium lifestyle brands, uplifting and inspiring consumers since 1985. The brand creates iconic style, which comes alive at the intersection of the classic and the new, co-created with people who are shaping culture around the world.
TOMMY HILFIGER celebrates the essence of classic American style with a modern twist. Tommy Hilfiger offers premium quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS lifestyles, with a breadth of collections including men's, women's and kids' sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. Tommy Hilfiger has an unwavering commitment to sustainability and inclusivity.
Global retail sales of TOMMY HILFIGER products were approximately $9.3 billion in 2021 and the brand is powered by more than 16,000 associates worldwide - present in 100 countries and more than 2,000 retail stores, including its largest global flagship store at tommy.com. PVH acquired Tommy Hilfiger in 2010 and continues to oversee a focused approach to growing the brand's worldwide relevance, presence, and long term growth.The Position
As a Senior Designer working in the Menswear Division you will be responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections for the product category Pants. You will work closely with the development team, merchandise team, and the Design manager & Design Director for the planning and development of the collection each season. You will design and execute seasonal range plans for review by the VP Creative Design. Among other you will be responsible for:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Hilfiger DNA
- Translating trends into a commercial collection
- Have an understanding of pants fabrics and to work with Fabric Manager for the selection of fabrics for each collection.
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to create techpacks completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Following up on selected fabric's each season with product developer and communicating to buying offices any design related communication for Retail special needs.
- Working closely and communicate daily on issues and changes that arise from the development of designs selected. You will also partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style
- Making sure that the Tommy D.N.A. is present within each garment.
- Working closely with Tech Department on garment fittings.
- Ensure all styles are to the highest standard, find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process.
- Pre-paring overviews of the collection each season for all divisions within menswear
- Responding quickly to market trends and to filter this into special designed product for Retail/Wholesale.
- Developing Junior Designers to become mature designers within your product area.
- Presenting the product area to merchandising or management in requested meetings.
What You Can Expect from Us
- 5 - 8 years of experience in a bottoms category
- Eye for details with an extensive knowledge of fabric
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Experience in managing Junior and Intern designers
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand drawn skills
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Travel to Europe & Asia for supplier visits
- Work Smart Program: hybrid work, flex hours, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, home office allowance and meeting free Fridays
- One of a kind Campus: state-of-the-art collaboration spaces, restaurant with premium buffet, takeaway deli, barista coffee bars, skybar and rooftop garden
- Health & Well-being: People's Place gym, sports clubs, nutritional coaching, meditation studio, headspace subscription, rooftop yoga and mental health days
- Social events: Thursday socials, pub quizzes, annual themed events, sample sales and market launches
- PVH University: learning and development programs to leverage your professional and personal goals
- How we support you: onsite parking, bike garages, commuting allowances, Employee Assistance Programs, pension schemes and discount on our brands Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein to name a few!
Our Talent Acquisition will share our full benefits overview at the offer stage.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.