The Manager, Accounts Payable is responsible for leading Tiffany's vendor maintenance and payment processes for all U.S. and Canada entities, as well as for management of the Company's U.S and Canada Corporate, P-Card, and Travel and Entertainment expense compliance processes. This role is also responsible for development of departmental goals and strategies, and coordination with other business divisions, including the Accounting department, Treasury, Procurement and Supply Management, in the development of integrated procure-to-pay processes. The Manager, Accounts Payable also provides Subject Matter Expertise related to process improvement and system implementation efforts affecting Accounts Payable processes and is responsible for the establishment of vendor management and payment process standards (e.g., vendor set-up, payment terms) globally. This role leads a team of 10-12 Accounts Payable professionals and is responsible for the development and performance management of this staff. Come work with us! Location:
This position is based in-person at our Parsippany, NJ office with a hybrid-optional schedule. Key Accountabilities:
- Departmental Operations: Development of departmental goals and objectives aligned with Company and Finance strategic objectives. Oversight of all aspects of the Accounts Payable for the Company's U.S. and Canadian entities, including but not limited to: vendor set-up and maintenance, invoice processing, Corporate Card and P-card programs, and regulatory compliance (Forms 1099, 1042 and FATCA). Ensures integrity of financial data and internal controls, including monthly and year-end financial close and reconciliation processes, internal control evaluation under Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and management reporting. Responsible for development, implementation, and monitoring of critical metrics.
- Process Improvement Initiatives: Provide Subject Matter Expertise for process improvement and system implementation efforts affecting Accounts Payable processes. Coordinate with other organizations, including Treasury, Procurement, and Supply Management, in the development of integrated procure-to-pay processes. Lead the establishment of consistent vendor management and payment processes, including KPIs, globally.
- Lead reporting, recording and analysis of the Company's receivable performance. Responsible for leading all aspects of financial closes and validating methodologies / calculations supporting Financial Review schedules for DSO, credit card fees, and bad debt. Facilitate Balance Sheet account review meetings and coordinate the timely resolution of outstanding items. Effectively handle associated controls.
- Participate in payments related activities/projects, including design and user testing and validation of system changes, ensuring appropriate support for business transformation initiatives and problem resolution fixes.
- Employee Development: Continually evaluate staffing needs, including skill sets and resource requirements. Link staff development objectives to Company, Finance, and Departmental strategies and plans. Lead the establishment of goals for skill development for each individual, create opportunities for skill development, and monitor progress against goals.
- Bachelor's degree in a Financial Field
- 8+ years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Experience in Accounts Payable and procurement operations
- 4+ years of demonstrated managerial experience leading teams including development of staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships at various staff and management levels and across various functions
- Ability to work in high-pressure and multi-task within time-sensitive constraints
- Experience with procure to pay processes
- JD Edwards financial software knowledge
- CPA or MBA