Merchandising Manager, Women's Leather Goods
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 18 May 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Job Purpose - Overview
The Senior Merchandising Manager will create and deliver the product strategy and successfully build the collection for Women's Leathergoods. They will coach and develop the Women's bags Merchandiser, the Women's Small Leathegoods Merchandiser and an assistant merchandiser to support them in delivering the collection.
- Own and drive product range development, managing full lifecycle of product from brief to delist
- Collaborate with the wider accessories merchandising team in developing the strategic plan for Women's Leathergoods and influence cross-functional team to deliver strategic direction for the category
- Develop and present the range plan for approval including pricing strategy and competition strategy
- Build and maintain close working relationships with cross functional partners across Design, Product Development, Planning and Supply Chain
- Create effective working relationships with Regional Merchandising team to gain product feedback and market research
- Define strategic growth ambition
- Organise and coordinate collection presentations and buying guidelines
- Analyse and feedback on seasonal buys in a strategic and coherent recap
- Develop and deliver product training to regional merchandising
- Own the commercial samples ordering process and budget
- Lead, coach and develop the team
- Analyse daily/weekly sales reports and take appropriate action
- Own the retail pricing positioning in line with margin targets and competition strategy
Qualifications, Skills, Experience Required
- Strong experience in Merchandising for leathergoods in a luxury environment
- A love for product and fashion trends in a global market, knowledge of the luxury consumer and competitors
- Strong product knowledge with a good taste level and ability to confidently influence the Design team
- Able to manage a budget with commercial awareness, retail math skills and understanding of product cost, achieving a balance between creativity and commercial implications
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate with credibility, share information effectively, and work confidently with cross functional teams at all levels
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert