With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for partnering with all functional areas of the business and the data engineering and architecture team to build and support enterprise reporting. Critical to the role is also a deep understanding of how to integrate analytics into overall operational productivity and provide business guidance through reporting and analytics. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Drives direction of reporting and analysis.
- Develops, produces and distributes standardized reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Leads Brands with reporting and analytical initiatives as well as accommodate various ad hoc requests.
- Proactively identifies best practices through benchmarking and other forms of learning information from industry leaders.
- Provides data and share observations or recommendations.
- Responds to abstract business issues and needs with comprehensive solutions that may impact both business intelligence as well as business process.
- Takes a lead role in scoping, planning, managing timeline and progress, and delivering on brand-wide BI initiatives.
- Drives future strategic direction of reporting and analysis.
- Analyzes data to support project goals; evaluates project progress and results; reviews data results with team members to ensure accuracy; translates results into specific business actions.
- Hands on with Tableau Desktop (dashboard creation, report authoring and troubleshooting, data source management).
- Creates and edits SQL queries.
- Performs and documents data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Drives the development and execution of measurement and reporting which accurately reflects business results and informs future decision.
- Manages and trains cross functional partners on new tools, processes, and systems.
- Participates in on call rotation and supports of reporting help desk.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Business, Analytics, Computer Science, or Information Technology required
- 7+ years demonstrated application experience (internship, co-op, work experience) in an analytics, data or business intelligence field
- 4+ years experiencing designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau
- Experience working with large and complex data sets, able to write complex SQL queries to create calculated fields
- Empirical understanding of data systems (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL, etc.) on process automation and standardization
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills and documentation skills to maintain workflows and dashboard functionality
- Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements and provide the design specifications
- Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed.
- Experience with Syndicated data (Household Data, POS Data, Panel Data, customer analytics, web analytics) preferred
- Experience in retail a plus
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.