The Stone Operations Intern will work to evaluate and document stone flow, inventory processes, and evaluate cross functional opportunities for efficiency gaining initiatives. Dates:
This position will begin on June 5th and end on August 11th. Candidates should be available to work for the entire 10-week program. Location:
This position is in-person at our Corporate office in NYC and Pelham, NY. Salary:
Compensation for this position is $25 per hour working a total of 40 hours per week. Key Accountabilities
Reporting & Analysis
- Monitor aging inventory for Laurelton, 3rd Party & Tiffany Owned stones. Complete detailed analysis as well as balancing for transactions to ensure timely processing of all transitional inventory.
- Understand the impact of JDE transactions for Diamond Division departments. Utilize reports to analyze, identify trends & opportunities for error reduction and enhancements in workflow.
Metrics & Continuous Improvement
- Review existing KPI's
- Identify opportunities to increase and align KPI's within Stone Operations
- Create improvement plan, document milestones and liaison with key department leads for implementation
- Create value stream map specific to stone flow within the grading lab's. Identify non-value add vs. value add activities. Document potential opportunities.
Communication & Compliance Management
- Ensure understanding of compliance requirements for Sarbanes-Oxley reporting, CODC, and Audit Requirements.
- Perform mock audit of targeted processes and score compliance
- Identify opportunities for increased
- Currently enrolled in Business or Supply Chain field curriculum program
- Proficient in English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving and attention to detail
- MS Office skills particularly using Excel, Power Point, Visio and Word