The primary purpose of this position is to gather and document business requirements to support development and enhancements of business applications.
The Business Analyst is responsible for developing a deep knowledge of supported business areas, conducting business requirement sessions, documenting current and to-be process flows and creating detailed requirements documents to support development.
The Business Analyst will be in charge in strong collaboration with the Technical Analyst and/or development team for designing the solutions. He will conduct solutioning sessions, document current and to-be systems flows, and contribute to detail functional documentation and user stories to support the development team.
In addition, the Business Analyst will support testing by creating test cases with business counter parts and assisting with the quality assurance process. Dates:
This position will begin on June 5th and end on August 11th. Candidates should be available to work for the entire 10-week program. Location:
This position is an in-person role that is based out of our Parsippany, New Jersey office. Salary:
Compensation for this position is $25 per hour working a total of 40 hours per week. Accountabilities:
- Document current and to-be process flows to understand and examine business processes using user roles, use cases, edit rules, wireframes and other system specifications in detail.
- Conducts requirements sessions with business users and subject matter experts. Provides guidance in formulating new requirements and aims to improve business processes by coming up with creative and alternative approaches to solving business problems.
- Manages scope and user expectations by ensuring requirements can be met within existing project budgets and timeframes. Assists Project Managers in the development of detailed project plans and work assignments. Monitors progress to ensure project deliverables are met. Track progress to plan. Communicates status to project team members and management
- Conduct solutioning sessions, document current and to-be systems flow, and contribute to detail functional documentation and user stories to support the development team
- Delivery of enhancements and projects following the formal planning, tracking and reporting mechanisms that align to the project management office (PMO) standards
- Endorsing the Project Managers role for some initiatives. Monitors progress to ensure project deliverables are met. Track progress to plan. Communicates status to project team members and management.
- Identifies and understands business strategy, issues and opportunities and assists business partners in identifying and prioritizing new initiatives and capabilities.
- Assists in developing test cases and participates in the quality assurance process to ensure that requirements are properly implemented. Assist in producing user training documentation and works with the business to train users
- Assist in producing user training documentation and works with the business to train users
- If needed, contribute with the Application Support Team that problems are being actively resolved
- Background in Computer science or comparable major
- Background in web or digital applications
- Excellent Business Process Knowledge, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users, stakeholders, product managers and development team a must.
- Samples of design documents as well as operational documentation may be requested.
- Demonstrated experience documenting use cases and functional requirements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross functional departments in requirements sessions
- Demonstrated ability to partner and liaison between business users and a technical development team
- Sensitivity to the multi-cultural characteristics of a global IT organization