At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Job Purpose - Overview
The Merchandising Manager will create and deliver the product strategy and successfully build the collection for their respective category. They will coach and develop the assistant merchandiser to support them in delivering the collection.
- Define strategic growth ambition for jewellery and eyewear
- Collaborate with the wider accessories merchandising team in developing the strategic plan for jewellery and eyewear and influence cross-functional team to deliver strategic direction for the category
- Own and drive product range development, managing full lifecycle of product from brief to delist
- Develop and present the range plan for approval including pricing strategy, COO and competition strategy
- Build and maintain close working relationships with cross functional partners across Design, Product Development, Planning and Supply Chain
- Create effective working relationships with Regional Merchandising team to gain product feedback and market research
- Own the retail pricing positioning in line with margin targets and competition strategy
- Own the commercial samples ordering process and budget
- Present brand buy to regional teams for market opening
- Organise and coordinate collection notes and buying guides
- Analyse and feedback on seasonal buys in a strategic and coherent recap
- Lead, coach and develop the Assistant Merchandiser
- Analyse daily/weekly sales reports run by Assistant Merchandiser and take appropriate action
- Manage accuracy of seasonal market documents / tools including PLM data entry and support the Merchandising Assistant to prepare reports using excel for Merchandising team.
- Develop and own key relationships with our licensing partners
- Develop and deliver product training to our licensing partners
Qualifications, Skills, Experience Required
- Strong experience in Merchandising for jewellery and eyewear in a luxury environment
- Experience managing licensing partnerships and relationships
- A love for product and fashion trends in a global market, knowledge of the luxury consumer and competitors
- Strong product knowledge with a good taste level and ability to confidently influence the Design team
- Able to manage a budget with commercial awareness, retail math skills and understanding of product cost, achieving a balance between creativity and commercial implications
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate with credibility, share information effectively, and work confidently with cross functional teams at all levels
- Strong leadership and people management skills.