INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
- Develop the business plan of the Chalhoub Retail Academy in line with the Division objectives and strategic objectives of Chalhoub
- Formulate and communicate CRA performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Develop the CRA policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfilment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the CRA, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of CRA and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Oversee training budget preparation for the Academy
- Manage, monitor and coach Retail Academy team to achieve International Training, International Qualification Assessment and International Awards for the retail staff
- Build and maintain strategy, planning of the NVQ Centre e.g. Future levels of qualification and ensure standards are aligned with the NVQ requirements
- Conduct needs analysis of Edexcel to the procedures and policies and the quality assurance agreed within the governing board
- Ensure Chalhoub Retail staff NVQ qualification in order to maintain accreditation
- Ensure frequent revision of current training materials and design of new material
- Oversee the organization of training and development events
- Ensure the implementation of effective methods to educate and enhance performance
- Evaluate facilitation, performance and effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendation for improvement
- Report, monthly, on activities within the Retail Academy to both the Chief Human Resources Officer and the Financial Controller
- Build strategic rapport between Chalhoub teams, regional teams (for future Retail Academy ventures) and the group affiliates
- Responsible for building digital talent within the CRA team
- Provide training and development to different group affiliates within the retail field
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of Talents within team
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business, Psychology or any related field
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a similar role
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department PEOPLE & CULTURE Role Learning & Development Lead