Who we are
Since 1976, L'Occitane en Provence has been imagining, producing and selling beauty, skincare and wellbeing products with an intention to share nature's wonders with the world. Our ambition is to not only sustain lands, but to regenerate ecosystems. We believe beauty goes beyond what the eye can see. From seed to skin, we are holistic in our approach. At L'Occitane en Provence, we've always been Cultivators of Change. This mindset is nothing new. We do our best to create positive change for the world, and we always try to inspire everyone around us to do the same.
What you will be doing
The Travel Retail Sales Manager is in charge of developing sales in his/her area, according to the Travel Retail sales policy. He/she ensures sales development to the end consumer as well as the implementation of merchandising and promotion rules. He/she is in charge of developing "sell out" figures. He/she is the contact between the company, the store managers and the BAs. The Travel Retail Sales Manager reports to the Travel Retail Area Manager and will look after:
- Analyze sales and stock reports on a monthly basis
- Report on sales performance to the manager on a monthly basis: and operators MTD and YTD trends, plus rankings and market shares
- Report any other valuable information on the business (addition/loss of flights, new comers, renovation...)
- Calculation of the months of stocks remaining
- Proposal of an action plan (suggested orders, increase of the min-max) to the manager when the stock is low
- Be the initiator of sell out proposals (animations, contests, incentives, GWPs...) in case of over stock
- Take corrective actions (assortment, min-max..), when needed, to ensure achievement of the retail sales targets.
Beauty Ambassador Management
- Set monthly sales targets, commission scheme and incentives per BC/team and monitor achievement
- Offer explanation and take corrective actions when targets are not achieved
Recruit Beauty Ambassadors
- Ensure productivity of each Beauty Ambassador
- Creating and manage scheduling, in addition to beauty ambassadors' leave requests
- Hold individual regular meetings with Beauty Ambassadors
- Inform Beauty Ambassadors of animations and new products
- Process Beauty Ambassadors invoices for salary, commission, incentives
Training & Coaching
- Organize trainings
- Administer brief training to new Beauty Ambassadors, who have not yet received any formal training from our trainer
- Coach BAs on sales techniques
- Assess products knowledge of each Beauty Ambassadors and train (flash training at the store) them if needed.
- Inform and follow-up with the Marketing/Merch Departments of all upcoming animations
- Ensure that the right POSM is sent on time to the store and is well implemented on a daily basis
- Ensure that the GWP is displayed properly and the qualifier (contest, spiff) is mentioned and respected when applicable
- Hire and train temporary promoters when needed
- Make sure that the staff is fully trained and is aware of the sales goals and incentives implemented
- Follow up dales daily and take corrective actions, if the sales target is not achieved
- Provide quantitative and qualitative feedback of the animation.
- Order needed merch tools (testers, POSM, gifting tools, BA tools etc) for each door and follow up on implementation
- Ensure that Brands' merchandising rules are well implemented
- Update visuals of each door according to brand's guideline
- Ensure that the assortment is well respected in each door
- Provide each store with an updated planogram taking into account the store potential and the weight of each brand
- To liaise with the Merchandising Department after each market visit to take corrective actions (visuals to be updated, gondolas to be repaired, etc.
- Report on competitors' new launches, products, animations, merchandising tools, contests, etc.
- Collect and analyze information from consumers in order to define their needs.
- Construct brand boutiques on retailers website with help from Marketing team
- Promote launches & key references on retailers' social media platforms with help from marketing team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 3 years' experience leading a beauty retail team
- Possess excellent sales techniques and be able to teach BAs how to sell
- Ability to write clear, accurate, and logical reports/emails
- Strong capabilities in analysis of sales reports
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with clients, BAs and other Brands employees
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Computer skills (Excel, word, PowerPoint)
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION Role Travel Retail Manager