Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
The Senior Industry Intelligence Manager will be leading a team of analysts in luxury fashion and beauty for the Group. He / she will be responsible for delivering data driven insights for our brands and partners, developing further partnerships with brands on data sharing, and positioning intelligence team as a thought partner. He / she will ensure a strong relationship with internal partners as well as building a strong external network, presenting results and exchange with brands on performance.
We are an agile and dynamic team that is positioned as a centre of expertise for industry dynamics and market knowledge. We are curious, questioning status quo and always look for innovative ideas. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a team player, passionate about luxury and retail industries, and looking to learn and grow in a fast-moving industry.
What you will be doing
- Deliver reports, analysis and insights on market size and shares based on the data collected from the brands
- Develop and maintain prestige beauty and high-end fashion projections (by category, by market)
- Develop presentation and deliver to the senior management of Chalhoub and global brands key insights of the GCC market
- Seek best practices to develop reports and facilitate data collection, extractions, analysis
- Build and maintain relationships with brands through monthly market size reviews, discussions, insights calls
- Agent of change for development of phase 2 for the Automation of Intelligence reports (in collaboration with Chalhoub data team)
- Partner with external data providers and seek new sources of information: e-commerce tools, pricing tools, brand assessment tools
- Conduct ad-hoc research to support selected Group and / or business iniaves such as new market studies, benchmarking, forecasting on new industries or geography
- Develop new methodologies for integrating new data sources with both structured and unstructured data collected without the group and through third party sources
- Focus on developing further knowledge on e-commerce, fast growth markets (Saudi Arabia), new market entrants
- Lead team of analysts, inspire learning and development of knowledge for the team by organizing workshops with brands and market visits, as well as participating in conferences
- Support Head of Intelligence with ad-hoc research, market/brand deep-dives and presentations
What you'll need to succeed
- Proactive and passionate about the luxury industry
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to analyze and deduct conclusions from complex data sets
- Strong knowledge of BI tools, data analytics and projections methodologies
- Strong knowledge of beauty, fashion, and retail industry
- Experienced in business analysis, proven track record of delivering quality reports and insights
- Ability to manage different stakeholders within and outside of the organization
- Team player with good presentation skills
- Curious, self-motivated and results oriented
- Have a keen eye for detail, a passion for precision and correct data management
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Statistics with a minimum of six years of relevant experience in a similar role. MBA is a big plus
- Arabic (read, written and spoken) would be a bonus
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department STRATEGY, GROWTH, INNOVATION & INVESTMENT Role Industry Intelligence Manager