Import Associate, Production
- Show Me Your Mumu
- Los Angeles, California
- $36-$40/hour Depending on Experience
- Closing date
- 26 Feb 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Full Time
The Import Associate is responsible for the communication and follow up on every aspect of the Import Pre-production process. This position reports directly to the Director of Import Production and is a dynamic role that requires excellent time management skill and multi-tasking. This role is based in downtown Los Angeles, and at this time the work schedule is partially work from home and some in-office time is required weekly. The ideal candidate should be based within commuting distance of downtown Los Angeles.
- Prepare and distribute Cut Tickets/PO’s to vendors in Full Circle apparel software
- Coordinate Pre-production through Bulk samples for Swim, Bridal, and monthly capsule collections (Knits, Wovens, Denim, Outerwear, Graphic Tees, Swim, and Kids)
- Work with the Director of Import Production to approve all bulk material samples
- Daily communication with outside vendors
- Create and maintain WIP charts for each season and track each sku’s movement
- Attend weekly touch base meetings with the Director of Import Production, Head of Design, category designers, and tech team members to report on the status of each sku
- Communicate packing instructions/requirements to the vendors
- Maintain and enforce Pre-production and Production Due Dates for Pre-production samples through Bulk delivery
- Ensure factories have everything they need for samples and bulk production (artwork, trim, disclaimer tags, etc.)
- Review care label layouts and approve per sku
- Receive DHL packages, review contents, and disperse samples to the appropriate team member
- Other Duties as assigned
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, flexible in changing direction as needed
- Proficient in MS Office including Word and Excel
- Candidate must be highly organized and able to prioritize with a sense of urgency
- Candidate must be a team player, willing and able to work cross-functionally with multiple departments
- Dynamic problem solving and project management skills
- Analytical self-starter with a proven history of success self-managing complete steps of the Pre-production through Production process
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in Import Pre-production and or Production
- Knowledge of Full Circle is a plus
- Able to work and think independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos
Once upon a time, on a magical island...Two free-spirited and lively ladies created an invention essential to the daily lives of girls. The island was Manhattan, and the invention was called the Mumu. This is where our story begins...
Brunette and Blonde besties, Cammy and Cologne, packed up their UC Berkeley college closets and moved to NYC to live out their big city dreams. Cammy was born on the bayou in New Orleans, while Cologne was a Newport Beach bred mermaid, however both found themselves working in fashion. They quickly learned a thing or two about the fast-paced creative business, and its perks— free clothes! (small salary). However, there was something clearly missing. They needed that one versatile piece they could wear almost anywhere.
Cammy and Cologne were constantly buying shirts and tops in sizes much larger than they wore, stretch out the neck and throw on to become the ideal comfy yet cute mumu-esque dress. However, as many tops that they stretched and dresses that they cut, they could not find the ideal fit. It needed to be flowy and short, flattering and feminine, but sexy at the same time. It wasn’t until the girls went on a spontaneous weekend trip to Miami, with only their purses to pack, did they realize what needed to be done.
Once they set their sights on making Mumus, they could not stop talking about it. That night, a dear and lifelong bff was informed of the two ladies’ brilliant and crucial invention. Naturally, he exclaimed
“ Reinventing the mumu?! I love it!
Show me your Mumu! ”
And there it was, sparkling and clear. The girls knew that name was going to stick.
Back in NYC, the girls decided to turn their Mumu day dreams into a reality. Still holding down full time jobs, Cammy and Cologne worked tirelessly— starting the company from scratch. With little money or resources and using Craig's List as their HR, they found a Patternmaker, web designer, and production source. Their tiny Nolita apartment was transformed into a design and warehouse shipping department, storing Mumus and supplies anywhere they could including their oven. The TV became a clothing rack, their nights became design meetings and they used their lunch breaks to fabric hunt in the garment district. The girls' hustle paid off, and in a few short months they had their first Mumus in hand.
Fast forward— 1 cross country move, 6 office spaces, multiple product categories, and dozens of collections later, Show Me Your Mumu has evolved into so much more. Although the days of dancing all night and shipping out of their tiny NYC apartment all day have gone, the heart and spirit of Mumu remains the same.
Nearly ten years since moving to Los Angeles, Cammy + Cologne have created a true lifestyle brand and an army of real #mumugirls that function more like family than a brand. Together the Mumu girls have grown the company exponentially, working and often times living together, they celebrate each other's milestones, support each other through the highs and lows, and always have each other’s backs. What started out as a crazy idea, has evolved into so much more than just making Mumus-- it’s also about girls supporting girls, and lifting each other up.
Mumu has remained passionate about bringing customers quality pieces that are unique, special and ethically made. Mumu is proud to produce 80% of pieces in the USA, employing over 80% women, our clothes are made with care and never mass produced.
Throughout this wild ride, Cammy and Cologne have welcomed their customers to come along on the adventure and join in on the fun. Mumu strives to have a special connection with its customers by remaining approachable and real. Nobody has encouraged them and inspired them more than you, the real life Mumu girls from all across the globe that bring Mumu clothes to life! Mumu believes that every girl can be a #Mumugirl and live the Mumu lifestyle. The Mumu motto is “ Life is fun, your clothes should be too! ”
1834 East 22nd Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert