Associate Merchant, Jewelry (Chico's) - $5,000 sign on bonus! - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 22 Feb 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Coordinator / Executive
This position is responsible in partnership with leader for achieving sales, gross margin, and profit goals of a specific Omni-channel classification and / or department through the selection, pricing and promotion of merchandise and by utilizing appropriate merchandising and management techniques to maximize the company's return on inventory investment and space in stores and online. Supports the merchant team through a variety of daily tasks including order writing, business analysis, presentations, and product review and vendor meetings.
- Performs research analysis of their market and identifies trends and opportunities that can be applied to the core customer.
- Determines quantities in partnership with leader to order by style, size, and color; validate to Line Plan and OTB plan.
- Partners with Planning & Allocation and leader to ensure the appropriate distribution to maximize sales of the business.
- Develops relationship with customer to ensure merchandising/products reflect what customer wants to buy.
- Owns business for all merchandise, sales, inventory and margin in partnership with leader.
- Partners with leader and cross functional team to build, assort, and plan the line for designated categories.
- Serves as a resource in sample management.
- Creates strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Site Merchandising Operations, International, Allocation, and Visual.
- Develops and executes seasonal merchandise plans and pricing strategies in partnership with leader.
- Reviews the sales plan and makes merchandising decisions in partnership with leadership.
- Partners with Sourcing team to manage flow and timing of deliveries.
- Works with Planning team to ensure proper buy depth based on sales expectations.
- Communicates with Product Management and Design on a recap of best and worst sellers.
- Ensures ongoing coordination with Digital Commerce Merchandising Site Operations and International teams on final assortment and any updates as needed.
- Manages all order entry and product attributing based on approved buy plan; Will initiate P.O. revisions when applicable.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience with an apparel retailer
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to multi task and complete projects on time
- Effective presentation skills
- Broad based business acumen
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert