- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 19 Apr 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Burberry is a recognised leader in engaging customers through digital experiences, both online and offline in our retail stores.
This role is for a QA Lead with a focus on both front-end and back-end technologies. You will become the foundation of a growing in-house team of engineers to help us build and evolve a wide range of features that power burberry.com.
Developers will enjoy working with you and your sensible, practical QA team. You will be the voice for quality across all digital engineering projects contributing to continuous improvement of software development processes.
You must have a solid experience in creating, executing and managing test strategies (with the focus on automation) across multiple projects/teams as well as a recognised background in agile and product-centric technology development. Inspiring your team, making test automation processes as quick and reliable as possible will be the main KPIs.
- Extensive experience managing QA teams (both automation and manual)
- Proven track record in creating and executing effective QA automation strategies covering both front-end apps and back-end systems/microservices/data
- Experience in Playwright & Cucumber
- Experienced in test documentation: check lists, test cases, bug reports, test reports, clear vision for testing requirements
- Experience with solutions to test on real devices at scale
- Experience in championing Agile working practices such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD & BDD etc
- Understanding of tools for version control (e.g. Git) and continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab) and relevant quality gates that can reduce production bugs and incidents
- Proactively measuring, identifying bottlenecks in the testing approach, focusing on maintaining speed and quality
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, the ability to clearly articulate a point of view to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Passion, enthusiasm for and a deep interest in technology and software engineering
- A keen desire to constantly innovate and improve both technology and people
- A self-starter, with fresh ideas, you listen to your peers and your team
- Highly organised with strong prioritisation, problem solving and good communication skills
- Exceptional time management, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks concurrently against deadlines and deliver agreed requirements
- Experience working with and leading teams both internal and offshore partners
- Passion for reducing tech debt and an interest in test automation and modern deployment techniques
- An understanding and certification in Agile and a practical experience using Agile approaches to increase speed, quality and security of software shipped to production
- Significant industry experience working across large websites and mobile applications. Could be from an agency, consultancy or client side
- A familiarity and appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of various test frameworks and tools is useful
- A passion for retail and experience within a software delivery company is essential
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert