Senior Buyer, Handbags
- Tory Burch
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 9 Mar 2023
- Senior Manager
You are seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
You are passionate about the product! The Senior Buyer, Handbags both oversees and is financially responsible for handbags across e-commerce and full-price stores for Tory Burch. This position will coordinate, manage and execute all the activities of a department or multiple departments; assist the buying team in developing, executing, and communicating a product strategy that meets or exceeds financial goals; and serve as the primary contact/team lead for the organization for their product classification. You're also resourceful and collaborative with an elevated taste level and an eye for detail. A sense of humor is a plus!
A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You will oversee the handbag department for our direct-to-consumer digital site and full-price stores businesses. You will coordinate, manage and execute the in-season and pre-season strategies for handbags, partnering with the entire cross-functional team to communicate department performance, key business needs, and day-to-day management shifts. You will also be responsible for authoring and owning the omni strategy for handbags; you are a big-picture thinker who is also able to dig into the details and ask questions to understand the why behind your business. No two days will be the same, but the consistent thread is that you'll be working with an amazing team of women and men who share your passion for excellence.
To Land This Role:
- 5-7 years of buying experience, preferably in handbags
- Experience in DTC business model, with both stores and ecommerce experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in Excel
- College degree
- High level of proficiency in excel; knowledge of pivot tables, vlookup function, and formula
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong PC skills and organizational skills
- Team player and multi-tasker with strong attention to detail
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
Our Buying team helps fuel the sustained growth of our business by selecting and managing the best product assortment for our North America boutiques and e-commerce sites. Operating as a central hub, we partner closely with the Design, Sourcing, Planning, Distribution, Visual and Marketing teams to develop and support our seasonal assortment. Our passion for our product fuels our mission: to drive sales and deliver on our inventory and profit objectives. Come join us!
How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
The compensation range for this position is 135,000.00 USD - 150,000.00 USD. Our offer will be based on your relevant experience and work location.
We offer a generous set of benefits to help you take care of your heath, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life. Here are highlights of key benefits available to all Tory Burch members that work over 30 hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert