Sr. Counsel, Employment
- Tory Burch
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Senior Manager
You are seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
You are a highly motivated and experienced attorney looking to support a global employment program and partner with the Company's talent team. You will manage aspects of maintaining a consistent employment practice as a member of the Global Employment team, including being the primary advisor to the Company's Talent team, providing subject matter expertise on a broad range of employment law issues that may arise across the Company's North American corporate offices and distribution centers. You will provide the business with the knowledge, tools, and support to effectively identify and mitigate compliance-related risks and promote a culture of ethics and integrity.
A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You might...
- Partner with members of the Talent team to drive the development of best in class, consistent employment practices, policies, tools and trainings that align with the company's strategy, values, and business goals.
- Provide day to day counseling and advice for North American operations across a variety of areas including employee relations, performance management, dispute resolution, leaves of absence, accommodations, wage and hour, and contingent workforce issues.
- Manage federal and state agency claims, including OSHA, EEOC and DOL.
- Drive employment compliance initiatives including predictive scheduling, meal and rest breaks, background checks, and accessibility.
- Audit employment policies, practices, and compliance initiatives with business clients; identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk; develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Draft employment-related agreements, including employment offers, contractor agreements, separation agreements, etc.
- Provide communications relating to new federal, state, and local legislation and regulations; work with business stakeholders to integrate new procedures and revised policies.
- Manage subpoenas and wage garnishments.
- Work cohesively with the labor and employment team to help provide a consistent global employment practice to the business.
To Land This Role:
- 5+ years of employment law experience; preferred in both a law firm and in-house legal department for retail company
- Ability to think through complex legal problems and respond quickly to business stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate legal risks and offer practical business solutions with a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive in identifying gaps and appropriate solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize, and manage complex projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a fast paced legal environment
- Work closely with cross-functional and cross-regional teams
- Sound legal judgment and commercial awareness.
- JD from ABA-accredited, nationally recognized law school and admission to the New York bar preferred
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
Our Legal team is a collaborative group of attorneys and critical thinkers with distinct areas of expertise from employment law and intellectual property to copyright, contracts and compliance. As strategic thought partners, our mission is to protect our brand and our assets around the world while ensuring that our company is in full compliance with the law and meets our own high ethical standards for doing business. If you want to be part of a hard-working, close-knit team that cares about the big picture and the fine print, come join us!
How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
The compensation range for this position is 159,000.00 USD - 182,000.00 USD. Our offer will be based on your relevant experience and work location.
We offer a generous set of benefits to help you take care of your heath, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life. Here are highlights of key benefits available to all Tory Burch members that work over 30 hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert