- Dion Lee
- New York City, New York (US)
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PATTERNMAKER - New York based
DION LEE is looking for a Patternmaker to join their New York design team, working closely with the Creative Director, Designers and Developer across seasonal and runway collections.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Creating manual paper or digital patterns from hand drawings and/or drapes.
- Creating patterns that are accurate, well-fitting to design intention and clearly executable for respective cutters, sample makers and offshore factories.
- Maintaining accurate yield and measurement specifications for manufacture and costing
- Participate in all development and production fittings
- Pattern alterations and grading rules
- Working with the in-house sample cutters and makers to oversee the completion of high-quality samples
- Consistent communication with the production team to ensure high-quality fit and finishes and review of pre-production samples
The Ideal Candidate
- 5 -10 + years experience in womenswear clothing pattern making – manual or computer
- Experience across all garment categories, experience in Tailoring and Menswear is also a plus
- Ability to creatively problem-solve patterns and/or construction constraints to achieve design intention.
- Ability to work on the form, drape and sew
- Strong knowledge of Gerber
- Have a keen eye for cut and silhouette and the ability to interpret designer’s intention and brand’s handwriting
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- High knowledge of high-end garment finishes
- High knowledge of detailed and complex garment construction
- Computer literate in Excel and Outlook and having experience with Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- Enjoy the challenge of working with original designer fashion garments in a fast-paced environment
- This is an opportunity for applicants who strive for excellence and innovation in their field.
Please submit your portfolio or examples of your work along with your CV. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a trial.
Dion Lee is a designer brand hailing from Sydney, Australia, established in 2009 by its eponymous Creative Director. Renowned for experimental construction combined with traditional tailoring, the brand has pioneered a modern identity for Australian fashion. The Dion Lee aesthetic is technical with an intelligent sensuality. Each collection marries innovative construction, with a consciousness of the form. Textiles are engineered to form sculptural embellishments and architectural silhouettes are dissected to enhance movement and the flow of air and light. After debuting at Australia Fashion Week, DION LEE presented collections in London before relocating to New York, where the brand has become a permanent fixture on the seasonal schedule. Dion Lee is sold globally in over 80 of the world's most exclusive retailers including Net-A-Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Selfridges and David Jones. Australia is home to eight stores, each designed to reflect the constructed nature of the product, in an environment that is both industrial and luxurious.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert