- Keighley, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Maintain, Install and Repair Machinery / Factory Facilities, both Electrically and Mechanically.
- To maintain buildings, plant, equipment and facilities that support the core business activity and ensure their availability both safely and reliably.
- To conduct fault finding, diagnose and rectify electrical and mechanical faults
- To deliver the equipment and facilities preventative maintenance schedule to avoid downtime
- To ensure that the activities comply with the relevant statutory duties of the employer as outlined in Section 2 of the 1974 HASAWA and supporting regulations.
- To provide engineering support for business projects and activities and work with the Team Leader / wider team to achieve the engineering requirements within the agreed timescales.
- Wherever possible to network across IM and utilise best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productive outputs and present via the Improvement Idea process.
- To interact positively and interdependently with key stakeholders and to communicate with Team Leader consistently and effectively both formally and informally whilst utilising appropriate reports as necessary.
- To develop a secure knowledge base within a core team and ensure that site specific knowledge is continuously enhanced by conducting diverse activities
- Engage with vendors and contractors to ensure they are delivering a high standard of workmanship within budget and in a safe manner.
- Attend training courses as required to enhance engineering knowledge, legislative & H&S requirements
- Define, create and develop solutions to identify the root cause to problems to avoid future occurrences
- Proven experience in Electrical Engineering or significant experience within a similar manufacturing industry
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of wider team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Being flexible in regard to duties to suit the business following reasonable requests by the business
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert