Coordinator, Supply Planning
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Coordinator / Executive
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Supply Operations Coordinator
Create production plans that provide a level of product availability to all channels of distribution in keeping with company objectives. Monitor finished goods delivery into the distribution centers to ensure timely receipt. This includes expediting shipments with service providers, and partnering with freight forwarder and distribution receiving to set shipment priorities. Manage the information flow to Buyers/Allocations & Global Merchandising.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Supply Operations to...
- Analyze finish goods inventory levels, production receipts and forecast to determine monthly production buy within the planning cycle and vendors lead time.
- Analyze inventory and demand for opportunities to deploy inventory from DC to DC. Execute reroute as needed.
- Ensure orders are placed timely that supports production lead times.
- Work in conjunction with the Production team to track and ensure finish goods deliveries are on schedule to meet company demands.
- Review and address delivery challenges that may consists of capacity constraints, raw material delays, late development issues and production issues from Service providers.
- Review pertinent details/feedback with Manager in an effort to gain resolution on delays that impact on-time delivery.
- Execute ship mode changes to support Business channel floor set dates based on Leadership approval
- Strive to maintain high delivery fill rate to meet key product launch timelines.
- Review and execute Product change request, additions, cancellations, style/color changes
- Support special projects and key collaboration initiatives
- Manage the information flow between Production and the Distribution channels. Keep the Distribution channels informed on product availability and production issues.
- Review and execute daily inquiries from Business Partners i.e. product availability and opportunities to expedite production,
- Determine Inventory allocation for the distribution channels that is aligned with business objectives.
- Ability to perform efficiently in a high pressure and fast-paced environment.
- Should easily adapt to the inventory planning tool used at Tapestry
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field with 2 or more years of experience with a thorough understanding of Production Planning and Inventory Allocation.
- Intermediate or advance level of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of, SAP, ecVision, JDA Planning System & Microstrategy preferred or relative planning system.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
BASE PAY RANGE 58,500 TO 70,000
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary
A RICH HERITAGE
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop. In a Manhattan loft, six artisans handcrafted a collection of leather goods using skills handed down from generation to generation. Discerning consumers soon began to seek out the quality and unique nature of Coach craftsmanship.
Now greatly expanded, Coach continues to maintain the highest standards for materials and workmanship. Coach’s exceptional workforce remains committed to carefully upholding the principles of quality and integrity that define the company. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality and durability, and our commitment to customer service.
CRAFTING THE FUTURE
Coach is a global leader in premium handbags and accessories. Building upon our strong brand and business equities, we are in the process of transforming from an international accessories business to a global lifestyle brand, anchored in accessories, presenting a clear and compelling expression of the Coach woman and man across all product categories, store environments and brand imagery. In addition, we are leveraging the global opportunity for Coach by raising brand awareness and building market share in markets where Coach is under-penetrated, through our directly operated businesses most notably in Asia and Europe.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert