Buyer & Production Coordinator (Menswear)
- CHÉ STUDIOS LTD
- Borough London (SE1)
- Up to £50,000 per annum + discretionary bonus
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
CHÉ is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Menswear Buyer to join its growing team. You will be working closely with design, sales and senior staff to expand the product range and establish key supplier relationships:
- Buying a multi-product range of around 100 lines per season. You will be supported by a design team, a merchandiser and overseen by Creative Director Oliver Cheshire and the MD who will join you in signoff meetings.
- The range includes Swimwear, Shirting, Knitwear, Shorts, Trousers, Tees, Underwear, Sweats and Accessories.
- Negotiating the range based on the budget restraints given to you by the merchandising team.
- Tracking critical path deadlines and follow product right the way through from sketched concept to final delivery.
- Hitting sales sample deadlines provided by the Merchandising team.
- Monitoring and maintaining margin targets.
- Introducing new suppliers and strengthening existing relationships with our supply base (Portugal, China, Vietnam)
- Sourcing and exploring Sustainable fabrics for the range while negotiating MOQs, Prices and Delivery Dates
- Collaborating with sales and senior team members by reviewing product risk, highlighting opportunities and perfecting core offerings.
- Occasionally developing and producing Collaborative ranges.
- Attending sourcing shows and planning buying trips.
Skills / Experience
- 3 years' minimum fashion retail industry product Development/buying experience (menswear experience preferable.)
- Commercial understanding of the menswear product and market. (A focus on resort wear is preferred but not essential.)
- Experience with and knowledge of various suppliers across the whole supply chain and product lifecycle
- Understanding of regional supplier differences and their implications for Critical Path
- Strong financial understanding with experience in working costings, target margins and foreign exchange implications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, GSuite and product management systems
- Strong analytical skills and financial understanding with experience in costings, target margins and foreign exchange implications
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Enthusiastic, organised and able to work independently towards business goals.
- Contract Type - Full Time
- Hours – 9am – 5:30pm ( +1 Hour lunch break @1pm)
- Remote Working - Semi Flexible - Maximum 1 or 2 days per week at company's discretion.
- Holiday – 22 days + BH
- Benefits – Pension Scheme, 40% staff discount
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert